𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒,

-𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓

-𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐀

"Happy birthday to Gekyume, happy birthday to you!" As Jenesis and Jahseh helped Gekyume in blowing out his candles, everyone sang and cheered.

I took the paper plates and forks and walked over to my best friend Jenesis to assist with the cake distribution.

After assisting Jenesis with the cake, I went to replenish the cater plates with more food as they were rapidly depleting.

"Ahh baby, come here," urged Jahseh's aunt Tana. I took a seat next to her awkwardly. Her and the other women in the room were staring at me.

"Ahh, no ring on the finger yet?" One of Jenesis relatives says to me, as she holds my hand and examines my ring finger.

"Nope. No, not yet. I'm all by myself "I said hesitantly, feeling judged because I didn't have a significant other.

"Mhmm, at least you have good cooking skills... that's a nice skill." One of the cousins says, I gave her a sluggish nod and an embarrassed chuckle as I stared at her.

"Solána!! Come in!" From the kitchen, Jenesis says. I rise from my seat, excuse myself from the women, and exit the living room. As I approached Jenesis, I straightened my dress.

"Gekyume needs a picture with his godparents," jenesis adds, a big smile on her face. I give her a friendly grin and redirect my gaze to Gekyume. I approached him until I saw Stokeley.

As I took Gekyume in my arms to take a photo, I rolled my eyes at Stokeley. As I placed Gek in the middle, Stokeley sighed and awkwardly stood next to me.

"1...2...3," Jenesis stated as she took pictures. While Jahseh was trying to get Gekyume's attention by making hilarious faces. Stokeley poked my back while we were taking photos, making me flinch. As I gave him a mug face, he began laughing as if it were the funniest thing imaginable. Stokeley was so annoying he was like a literal child. I feel bad for his baby mama when he had to raise his own child. I rolled my eyes at him and smacked my lips before I walked away with Gekyume.

"Stokeley!" Jenesis yelled giving him a mug face, "Sorry," he said turning serious again.

—————————————————

I was in the kitchen with Jenesis, helping her clean up and wash dishes. Gekyume was asleep, while Jahseh and Stokeley were playing video games in their 'man cave.'

"So I went to the doctor today with Gek for a checkup, and there was this super cute doctor there. So I was talking to his nurse and all, and I discovered that he is singleee, And I believe you would enjoy him "While rinsing a cup she had just scrubbed, Jenesis replies with a cheeky smile.

"No. Jenesis you have the very worst taste in men. Every single date you've set up for me has been a disaster." As I wiped the damp counter surface with a wash cloth, I laughed.

"Lie! What have been the worst blind dates I've hooked you up with?" While shutting off the Fossett water, Jenesis inquired.

"Mmm  Andreson ended up bringing another girl to the meal and attempting to make it a threesome... Anthony... he came up to me, glanced at me, and then walked away. Brent made a whole booty call in front of me, claiming it was his 'mom' Peterson- "I was about to continue when Jenesis interrupted me.

"OK, yeah, I get it, I haven't had the best luck setting you up on blind dates," jenesis joked, recalling all the dates she had set me up on.

We shared a laugh over all the blind dates I'd gone on that had gone horribly wrong.

"What if I hook you up with Stokeley?" Jenesis enquired. I was looking at her, laughing my ass off when I realized she was serious.

"Oh hell Nah, what so we could go on double dates and skip together afterward? That's the worst idea you've ever had." I said ranting to Jenesis

"Come on he's single and your single..." Jenesis says wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yeah but he also fucks any girl he could see," I said wiggling my eyebrows like Jenesis which makes her roll her eyes at me.

"Imagine us alone on a date... I can't even be in the same house with him with multiple people..." With my brows raised, I murmured, glancing at Jenesis. She took one glance at me and burst out laughing.

"You're right," jenesis replied as she continued to laugh her ass off, causing me to join her.

-

I was at the dance studio the next day, working on choreography for my upcoming music video.

This cute guy enters in the door as I was stretching and warming up. He had a dark complexion and a powerful build. He was dressed in black baggy sweatpants and a black sweatshirt, which he wrapped over a white shirt with air forces.

I felt like he was walking in slow motion as he entered. My friend in the class bumped my shoulder while laughing, so I believe I was staring at him for a while. I turned awkwardly to face the front of the studio, embarrassed that I had been watching.

"All right, let's get this party started," the choreographer exclaimed, clapping her hands. She began matching everyone, and to my surprise, she matched me with the guy I was staring at.

"Hey, great to meet you, my name is Jay," the attractive man said, holding out his hand for me to shake. Before shaking his hand, I grinned.

"And I'm Solána," I added with a warm, bright smile. Let me tell you, we learned an entire dance. He was an excellent dancer, and we got along fairly smoothly.

Jay left before I could ask for his phone number when class finished. I went to the choreographer to see if she could maybe give me his phone number.

"Hey Karla, do you have Jay's phone number?" I expressed my hope that she would provide me with his phone number. She looked through a book with all the names and numbers in an attempt to locate it.

"Sweetheart, I have about three jays. Do you happen to know his last name?" While scanning through the journal she had filled, Karla remarked.

"No, but if you give me all of their phone numbers, I'll call and check which one is it," I answered warmly. She grinned back and handed me a post-it paper with all the numbers written on it.

"Thank you," I replied as I practically skipped out the door. "I'll see you next class." I got in my car and drove home to call Jay, the person with whom I was dancing tonight.

-

-𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓-

𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃