𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐥𝐝

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓

𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓!

𝐁𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑!

-𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐀

I entered the house, taking off my coat and purse and hanging them up; the house lights were turned on, indicating that Stokeley and Gekyume were inside; I removed my shoes and carried them in my hands as I walked upstairs.

I noticed Gekyume's door was creaked open, and his night light shone through the cracks in his door, and I heard a voice singing, 

"All in life that glitters, bitter, ain't gold, Glitter, bitter, oh, ain't gold"

I gently and discreetly crept up to the door and popped my head in.

"Cause we been before, oh
Have you felt like you been before?

We been here before, told ya"

Stokeley was rocking Gekyume, who was lying in his arms, in the center of the room.

"All in life that glitters, it could taste bitter, no, it ain't no gold
All in life that glitters, it could turn bitter, it could turn to mold"

"Stokeley," I whispered, forcing him to look up and shush me before looking down and singing to Gekyume with a rasp in his voice.

"Summer turned to winter, Christian turned to sinner, Change is knockin' at the door"

"Déjà vu" was the last lyric Ski sang before he gently stood up and held Gekyume, carrying him to his crib and laying him down. Then slowly backed away and turned toward me.

"It always works," Stokeley replied as he walked out of the room, leaving Gekyume and me alone.

"Would brightening the mood around here kill you?" After I stepped out of his room and shut the door, I said,

Ski remarked as he headed downstairs, having me chase him around the house, "Yeah it might."

"I mean why would I pretend to be happy?" As he came to a halt in his track, almost colliding with me, he exclaimed,

"I'm miserable," He said as he turned to look at me for a quick moment, "Let me be miserable," he said before he continued walking towards the kitchen,

"You know what, Stokeley, I'm sorry the studio didn't work out for you, but if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be. I'm sick of your attitude about it," As I stopped up on pursuing him and stood there watching him unlock his bedroom door, I remarked,

I watched him stop what he was doing and drop his keys on the floor before turning around to face me. "I ruined my life for him," was all he murmured before entering and slamming his bedroom door shut.

"I'm sorry parenthood isn't as much fun as you imagined," I replied as I approached his bedroom door and spoke loudly enough for him to hear me.

"You're just saying that because you had a boring-ass existence before this stuff occurred," Stokeley said as he pushed open the door and faced me.

"My previous existence was not monotonous!" I cried to him, "Yes it was!" he cried back. We were having a screaming argument in the kitchen.

"My life was amazing," I began, "I was finally getting the recognition I deserved, I was starting to make more money, and I was genuinely starting to feel happy again," I continued as I stood up for myself.

"Solana, you have no idea what a great life is," Stokeley said as he approached me. "I had a great life," Stokeley stated, "I already had the recognition I deserved, I was already making a lot of money, and I was doing all that nonsense with my best friend."

"Girls flinging themselves at us with no regard for their own dignity, getting drunk or high whenever the fuck I wanted. They say you can't have it all, but I did, and it was incredible." 

""You're disgusting," I replied. "All you care about is getting laid and intoxicated to the point where you can't think straight. You know Jahseh was humiliated by you, but he never said anything to you because he was twice the man you were." I shouted it in an attempt to get under his skin, but as soon as it came out of my mouth, I realized I had gone too far.

When I realized what I had said, I quickly shut my mouth and glanced down at my feet, when I heard Stokeley laughing and shaking his head.

"You know maybe you should try getting laid, but first you need to find someone who can stand you." That was all he replied before turning around and stepping back into his dark room, slamming the door in my face once more.

"Fuck you," I whispered to the door as my eyes filled with tears. I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, where I sat on the couch, allowing my eyes to fill with tears and occasionally blinking to keep the tears from dropping.

I was sitting in the living room staring at the wall when I heard footsteps and got up to wipe my eyes and nose before walking to the front door."You know you shouldn't be driving high," I told Stokeley, who was holding a blunt to his lips.

"Your kid doesn't need anyone else to die while drivi-," I added briefly before Stokeley yelled at me. "He is not my child," Stokeley repeated over and over.

As the house fell silent again, I watched as he took his car keys and opened the front door, and just as he was about to close it, I asked him,

"Then who's kid is he?"

--

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃