𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓

-𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐀

"wow," I said in utter shock when I opened the urgent care letter from Gekyume,

"What happen?" Ski stated as he walked into the kitchen and reached for an empty glass to fill with water from the cupboard.

"Gekyume's urgent care visit costs $1,200," I remarked, making Stokeley choke on the water.

"Hold on, as in one-two zero zero?" Stokeley replied, coughing and attempting to regain his breath. He pronounce each number to make sure he understood it correctly,

"yeah, and we have to go grocery shopping too," I said as I got up from the chair once I heard Gekyume start to cry,

"Damn someone gonna have to sell a kidney with everything we gotta pay," Stokeley said as he flipped through the rest of the mail that was placed on the kitchen table,

"Having a kid is not easy," I said as I walked into the kitchen while a yanwing Gekyume was in my arms,

As I sat Gekyume in his high chair at the table to feed him, Stokeley said, "here are the house bills."

"Oh hell no, let me put this down," Stokeley said quickly as he opened the mail containing our invoices.

"Perhaps if we toss it away and say we never got it, they'll forget," Stokeley speculated as he emptied his cup into the sink.

"Stokeley... no," I muttered, looking at him with a 'are you serious face' before snatching the mail off the kitchen table where he had placed it. As I read the amount of money we needed to pay, my mouth literally dropped to the floor.

"That's more than I make from music," I mumbled as I looked at the bill and walked around the house to the main area. Of course, this place was pricey; it's a mansion.

The house was dark, but not a terrifying dark; rather, it was a really tranquil and serene dark with some white highlights throughout. The house was filled with black furniture and dark brown wood floors, it was a very modern house with a slight mix of Jahseh, and the windows were tall and were covered by black out drapes to keep the sunshine out.

There were 8 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms in the house, all of which had showers, the house was around 9000 square feet and included a guest house in the backyard that was just as nice as the main house, the backyard was huge and included a pool with a waterslide and sprinklers that nicley fell into the pool, it looked like it came straight out of a movie,

"Well, I can pay the bills and everything off," Stokeley interrupted my stream of thought, forcing me to wrinkle my brows and glance at him.

"No, you can pay whatever you want, and I'll get the money to pay the other half," I explained that I didn't want him to pay the house off on his own; I could obtain the money if I just worked harder at the studio.

As I passed by him to get the bowel of fruits behind him so I could feed Gekyume, I remarked, "I just need to work more in the studio and stop going to dance lessons."

-𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐘

i swear this girl is so damn stubborn. "No solana I insist" I responded as I approached her and observer her feeding Gekyume a spoonful of fruit.

"Stokeley no, it's alright," she responded as she finished feeding Gekyume and turned to face me, gazing up from her seat.

"I can pay for it, Solana; I don't want you to stop doing what you love." Why won't she just let me pay the bills, I muttered as I followed her around the kitchen.

"Stokeley no!" Solana exclaimed as she drew to a halt and snapped her neck at me, furious,

"i don't want to put that responsibility on you,"she added after closing her eyes and taking a long breath.

"Think of it as a loan; I'll pay it all off right now." I added, "and you'll pay me back half later," hoping she'd agree. No, I wasn't going to return the money to her; I only said that in the hopes that she would stop fussing with me.

"Okay," she responded simply, and I was taken aback for a second, "okay?" I checked again to see if she really did give in that easy.

"If it's like a loan, then okay " Solána said, "I'm going to pay you back, and you better take it," she said as she turned on the tap and began washing the dishes.

"OK then," I murmured to myself, smiling, and as I began to walk to my room, she said something that caused me to stop walking.

"How about I take you to dinner," she murmured as she turned off the water and dried her hands, leading me to turn with my brows furrowed, waiting for her to continue.

"like a date?" i said with furrowed eyebrows, "more like business partners," she laughed a little, and I nodded in return.

"okay then" i said smiling before turning toward my bedroom again,

"i'll pick you up at 7," i said without turning to face her, before I opened the door to my bedroom and walked in,

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓

sorry i haven't uploaded, i got a concussion last Saturday at my soccer game and couldn't think straight, and now i'm currently in Vegas for a softball tournament,

i promise i'll upload another chapter tonight on my way back home, maybe even two?