𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑,

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓

-𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

"good morning handsome," Solana said once she heard footsteps creep into the kitchen, turning around to see Gekyume walking into the kitchen laughing causing him to lose his balance and tip over, 

"Good morning," Jay remarked as he came into the kitchen soon after Gekyume, picking him up and putting him on his feet, before kissing Solana on the lips and grabbing a muffin from the island counter. "I'm headed off to work,"

Solana and Jay have been dating for over two months now; one day they both happened to run into each other and decided to rekindle their relationship; after that, Jay asked her out and she said yes; currently, Jay stays partly at Solana's house because she is Gekyume's caretaker.

Solana stood there watching as Jay packed his belongings and walked out of the house, then she focused her attention on Gekyume, who was attempting to climb up onto the high stool next to the counter.

"Let me help you," Solana replied as she stretched out and placed her arms under his armpits, lifting him up and setting him in the chair, causing Gekyume to giggle and smack his hands on the counter.

Gekyume had finally figured out how to walk, and now that he did, he hadn't sat down yet. He's also been working on talking; he's learned a lot more words, but he's still more of a repeater than a creator.

"Waffles or pancakes?" Solana inquired as she held up two containers, one containing pancake mix and the other containing frozen eggo waffles.

"Pancakes," Gekyume remarked softly as he began to clap, causing a grin to appear on Solana's face.

"Pancakes it is," Solana stated as she put the waffles away and began gathering everything she would need to create pancakes. She poured the batter into the bowel and began mixing it together as her phone began to ring.

Solana paused her work and grabbed the rag dangling from the stove's handlebar, wiping her dirty hands clean before answering her phone, which displayed a random phone number,

'hello?' Solana spoke as she switched her phone to the speaker and set it back on the counter before continuing to stir the batter in the bowel.

'Uh, h-hello?' The voice on the other end of the line spoke immediately after Solana, faltering slightly.

'Who is this?' Solana inquired, confused, as she turned to the stove to turn it on so she could start cooking the pancakes.

'it's ski,' The voice on the other line spoke causing Solana to stop once again and look at her phone before she licked her fingers and placed down the bowel then grabbed it,

'What do you want, Ski?' Solana questioned, rolling her eyes and looking at her phone as if Ski could see her,

'I'm back in Florida for the tour, and I wanted to know if I could see Gekyume,' Ski said after a brief moment of silence,

Solana looked at Gekyume before looking back at her phone, she cleared her throat before speaking again, 'I don't know ski, you make the decisions now,' 

Solana was being petty from Ski packing and leaving because if he could make the decision to leave for the tour without saying anything, she knows he can make the decision to visit Gekyume as well.

For a while, Ski was silent on the other end of the phone, so Solana decided to end the call, 'bye ski.'

Solana sighed before turning off her phone and placing it on the counter, she watched Gekyume who was playing with his fingernails, and then she returned to preparing pancakes while the phone conversation lingered in her head.

--

-𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐘

"Ski you good?" As we pulled into the driveway of Jahseh's house, Rob stated, chuckling. I just nodded my head yes as my leg continued to bounce; Solana had never given me a direct answer, so I decided to just visit, after all, he is still technically my child.

Everyone waited for me to step out so I could lead the way as the tour bus came to a complete halt. "I can't wait to see my nephew," Gabe said as he got off the tour bus and began stretching.

Except for Gabe and Juice, no one knew what happened between Solana and me; they just assumed it was a hookup and that was it. I stroked the back of my head as I began walking up the steps towards the front door.

Once I was at the front I stopped before raising my hand towards the doorbell and ringing it a few times, we all waited outside for Solana to answer, 

When I got to the front, I paused before raising my hand to the doorbell and ringing it a few times. We all waited outside for Solana to answer. Eventually, I heard Solana speaking to someone on the other side of the door, which caused me to wrinkle my brows.

Who is she speaking to?

She gave me a smug look when she opened the door, but when she saw everyone else queued up behind me, she forced a phony grin on her face and moved aside, allowing us to come in,

I came in and stood by the door, watching as everyone greeted Solana and even hugged her as they entered the house.

"Where's Gekyume?"I asked as I searched about the area trying to see if he was crawling someplace. Solana just stared at me before calling out his name,

"Someone is here for you, Gek," she yelled out towards the staircase, causing everyone to turn their heads as well, soon we saw Gekyume sprinting to the steps and grabbing the stair railing as he slowly walked down,

he's walking now,

"GEKYUME," Gabe shouted as he surged past everyone and grabbed Gekyume, pulling him up and squeezing him hard before Gekyume could even get down the steps fully.

"He's walking now," I questioned, smiling at Gabe and Gekyume before turning to Solana, who simply nodded. "He walks a lot and talks every now and then," Solana stated, smiling as she stared in front of her.

I felt a wave of regret wash over me as if I had already missed the most crucial events in Gekyume's life, such as his first steps. I feel like a failure as a father, yet I'm still not a true father. As a thousand kilometers per second thoughts flooded my mind, I looked down at my feet.

did I fail Gekyume?

"How about we go into the living room," Solana suggested as everyone began to walk towards the living room, leaving Solana and I alone at the front entrance. "You didn't fail Gekyume Stokeley, there's still room to learn," Solana said as she placed one of her hands on my back.

I swear this girl was an angel sent from above, Solana rubbed my back before she began to walk into the living room, I smiled at the thought of Solana's words before I chose to go into the living room,

I have to make things right between Solana and me,

--

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓