Accident day

One month ago
2 hour before the accident

"Harper, why are we here?" Adrian asked, as he eyed the bridge carefully

"Harper, why are we here?" Adrian asked, as he eyed the bridge carefully. It had already turned dark, and there's no one in the area expect them.

But he got no response

"Are you going to tell me or should I call uncle Alex" Adrian asked calmly, but the man called Harper tensed at this.

But Adrian still got no response.

With a sigh, he took out his phone and was about to call, when his phone was suddenly snatched out from his hand and thrown under the bridge.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Adrien shouted angrily.

"I won't allow you to call anyone, do you understand" Harper gritted his teeth.

"Really Harper, do you think you can get away with all this, Do you have any idea, what will happen to you when they come to know about this" Adrian asked sounding annoyed.

"I very well know that your Uncles will kill me for sure"

"Then why?"

"I have been planning this for few months, I knew I was putting my life at risk the moment I joined your team one year ago, it was all my scratch proof plan"

"One year, don't tell me you were planning to kidnap me to this place all this time" Adrian rolled his eyes.

"Well kidnapping you wasn't my exact plan, but when nothing seem to work out I planned this act for months. There no way your uncles will suspect me, they will be thinking that you are in your usual hiding act, before they get a hint I will be away from their reach. Yes, the attacks on you for last two months were my plan, it was me who diverted your bodyguards, I spiked your drinks, I took you here away from everyone. Adrian listen this carefully, you are no one here, I will finally reach my goal" Harper spat with a fire in his eyes.

Harper expected Adrian to look shocked, but he got no response, just a sad look.

"Harper, do you really think, I wasn't aware of this, did you expect me to be clueless about what's happening around me" Adrian asked with a sympathetic look.

"What do you mean?" Harper asked confused.

"I know that you were behind all those attacks happening from two months. I knew that you were planning something yesterday the moment you took me away from my mens alone saying that's it's for my safety. Then the drink, flight, I even know the reason you choose this spot"

"H-How?" Harper asked shocked

"May be I am more clever than you believe" Adrian spoke with a smirk.

"Then why?" Harper asked nervously, does this means his uncle's know about this too.

"I don't know, don't worry no one about you until now" Adrian just shrugged as he watched the sky.

"Do you know what will happen with you?" Harper asked

"Isn't it already clear, you must have already informed those Blackstone mens, they must be on their way to catch me, if they manage to catch me, then they will use me as a bait against my family" Adrian spoke with a emotionless tone.

"Aren't you afraid? They might torture you, or worse kill you" Harper spoke in a intimidating voice.

"Don't tell me you are concerned about me Harper" Adrian replied with a playful look.

"Concern about a brat like you, my ass! After I handover you to them, I will get my money. Do you even know why I choose this country kid, why I chose this spot, this bridge" Harper asked with a scoff

" My mom" Adrian replied instantly, a smirk grew on his face watching the surprised look on Harper's face.

"W-What?" Harper stuttered, he surely have misheard it

" You heard me clearly" Adrian replied with a cocky look, the exact look Harper hate so much, making something in him snap

"Yes, your are right, this is the place I met your mom last time, which was 18 years ago, this is the place she told me that she was pregnant with you" Harper snapped.

"I believe, she also told you something else" Adrian hummed.

"She told me to forget about her, she told me the name of the asshole who got her pregnant, the man who wanted her to abort you because he was already married with 4 sons , he didn't want you as his son because you were a mistake of his secret affair" Harper snapped with venom, he expected Adrian to get hurt at his words, that was his intention when he revealed this information which he promised Victoria to keep as a secret.

"Was I supposed to act hurt? But sorry to disappoint you" Adrian rolled his eyes making Harper to stare at him with wide eyes.

That's when realisation hit him.

"You know" it wasn't a question

"Yes, I know it since I turned 11. Mom died when I was 6 years, before she died, she wrote diaries for me, uncle Alex and Sirus will give me one of them at my birthday. I know everything about that bastard. I also know about her bestfriend Oliver, who she lost because she refused to return his feelings for her" Adrian spoke softly.

Harper stared at him shocked.

Oliver, her bestfriend, those words spiralled in his mind.

"She missed you, she was looking for you for years, she missed her bestfriend" Adrian spoke directly staring at Harper.

"How do you know this"

"Which? The fact that you are Oliver or you working for Blackstone" Adrian asked

"Both"

"I had my doubts about you being Oliver, so I did my own research. And about the fact that you are working for blackstone, well you were too obvious if you ask me"

Harper snorted, there's no way he was obvious, this boy is just something else, Like Sirus knight says 'Nothing can be hidden from Adrian, he sense the lie before you even speak'

"Then I will say you are foolish if you were already aware of me and my plannings, yet you decided to risk your life. You will be in your enemies hand soon and you can't get away from them" Harper spoke coldly.

"Obviously not, I am Adrian Knight, I have a reputation to keep" Adrian spoke cockily making Harper look at him with 'Are you serious' look.

"Don't tell me you are going to fight them" Harper spoke watching Adrian carefully, a small smirk grew on Adrian face making Harper look at him with disbelief.

Harper rubbed the bridge of his nose, this boy is so difficult to handle, no wonder Oliver and Alexander knight never let him stay without supervision as he have this tendency to put himself in danger and the fact that Natasha knight pamper him to death only made things worse.

That's when he saw 3 car coming towards them, he know they are Blackstone members coming for Adrian.

"Let's go" Harper spoke, without waiting for a reply, he dragged Adrian to the car.

How hard he tried ignore, there's no way he will forgive himself, if something happened to this brat.