Our Last Wish ( A Zayn Malik Fan Fiction)

Isabella POV

"Well, Mr. & Mrs. Malik it seems like you’re not pregnant once again. Can I refer you to a fertility specialist?"

"Yes, please, we would appreciate that, thank you. “Zayn said.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. My whole body shut down. We've been trying to get pregnant for two years. Four miscarriages, and then we weren't even able to conceive again. Four heartbreaks.

I don't know how much longer I can go through this. Physically and emotionally. I am starting to lose my mind on the fact that we keep getting our hopes up and nothing happening.  

Zayn has been the best husband anybody could ever wish for through this, we've been married for 4 years, and are still in love. This process has made us closer together. Of course this has also caused fights, and sometimes he would use the 'Maybe if you got pregnant card.'

It's hard with Zayn's parents and my parents breathing down our back, demanding for a baby. Every family dinner those question always come up. 'Where's the little Malik?" or 'Are you finally pregnant yet?'. Zayn always tells them to stop, but they speak their mind. And they want a baby. So do I.

"Let's go home, baby.” Zayn said.

"Why is this happening to us? Maybe you should go get someone else pregnant, because I can't give you the one you want." I said, without thinking.

"Don't you ever let those words come out of your mouth again, ok? We are going to have a baby, I promise."

"How are you so sure?"

"Because, I know we are. Hey, I got to pick Jasmine from Tasha's house, you want to come?"

"And deal with your baby mama, sure why not?"

"Baby, come on Jazz loves you and when I tell her I'm going to be gone for the weekend at least she has you."

I sighed and got up from the table. He kissed my cheek, and we left one he signed us out. We got in Zayn's car and Mrs. Malik was calling me.

"Hello, Isabella, how are you?"

"Just fine, Mrs. Malik."

"Good so Zayn told me you had a doctor appointment today."

"Yes, we did."

"And are you guys pregnant?"

"No, we are not."

"Oh, but dear when do you plan on getting....."

"Mother, stop it,” Zayn said. My phone was connected to the car, so I wouldn't get in trouble when driving. 

"Zayn, I want a grandchild now, it's been four years you should be working on your third one. Why can't you give me the joy of hold my grandchild?"

"Mom, this is our lives, we will get pregnant when were ready. We need to go pick up Jasmine."

"Well, at least Tasha could give you a child, I wonder why you broke up with her?"

"Mother, I respect you so I ask you respect my wife. Jasmine is my daughter and she is Izzy's daughter so please stop, I need to go."

He hung up, and stared at me. I shook my head, and gave his hand a squeeze. She liked me in the beginning, but as time passed with no baby, her tolerance level has gone down. 

"Hey, I'm going to go inside and get her ok, be safe."

He kissed me, and knocked on the door. I saw the toothless Jasmine, with her hair in ponytails. She ran to the car, and opened my door.

"Mommy!"

She hugged me, and sat on my lap. I rubbed her hair, and she smiled. I saw Tasha yelling at Zayn and pointing at us. I sighed, and buckled Jazz into her car seat. She started playing with her doll, and I got out the car.

"Oh, look here she is,” Tasha said.

"What do you what Tasha?" I said.

"I just don't like it when my daughter calls you mommy. Go have your own baby. Ohh wait, that's right........"

"She'll be back on Friday, I'll call you if I need anything, bye Tasha.” Zayn said, cutting her off.

"I'll see you on Friday."

We got in the car, and started driving home. Jasmine was telling us about her week, and I stared at my stomach.

Why couldn't I get pregnant? Zayn obviously wasn't the problem, since he has Jasmine. It was all me. Maybe we will never have children. It was just my jacked up reproductive organs. Zayn smiled at me and pulled into our drive way. Jasmine started clapping and I smiled at the six-year-old.

I remember when Zayn told me Tasha was pregnant. I was mad and heart-broken. Me and Zayn had been going on for a year. He cheated on me with a stripper. A stripper! And we knew each other since Year 8. I remember going into a depression, and Louis being there for me. We might have dated for a month. I don’t think Zayn knows about that. Anyway we broke up, because we realized we were better friends.

I took Zayn back, knowing he was clueless with a baby. And I fell in love with her. And him. Now we're one little family, which we want to increase. I asked Zayn to get full custody, but nothing is final. I got out the car and got her little suitcase out of our car, and Zayn gave her a piggyback ride. Her cheerful laugh filled the quiet, suburban air. 

Our house was a modern style house. It had two-stories and had a pool out back. Our basement was like a man-cave, but we had a gym and theater. It was a 5 bedroom house. One was ours, Jasmine's, 2 guest rooms, and an empty one. When we bought it, we thought someone was going to fill the room, very soon. It seems like that might take a while.

I sighed at the thought and Zayn looked at me. He set Jasmine down and kissed my cheek. He pulled me in for a hug and whisper, “Stop beating yourself up for something we can't handle."

"But I'm the only reason we can't hav...."

"I might be the problem, we don't know.”

"You have Jazzy, you’re clearly not the problem."

"We don't know that."

"I want a baby."

"Trust me, I do too."

OK, well this is my new story 'Our Last Wish'. I have NEVER EVER heard of a one direction fan-fic that deals with IVF. NEVER. So, I know it's not common. This could be the start of something new. SO, how you like it? It's been in my stories for a while. Decide to publish it. I hope you like it. This beautiful cover was made by @xoxNiallersGirlx0x. So please comment and vote. So, I hope this can be the start to a beautiful story. 

-PopularGeek.

P.S. It's so short because it's more like an intro. Next chapter will be longer. Comment if you want me to update.