Our Last Wish ( A Zayn Malik Fan Fiction) Chapter Twenty-One

Isabella POV

“Hey, Toby. Amanda. Hi, little guy. He’s so precious.” I said. Amanda smiled at the sleeping baby in the plastic crib, and Toby was grinning like the proud father he is.

“That’s Ian Tobias McGrant. This big guy was 7 pounds and 11 ounces. Mommy must be a strong to push this sucker out.”

“How was labor?”

“It wasn’t as bad as people described it. It was only six hours, and I didn’t get an epidural. I think it was a smooth process.” Amanda said, touching her belly. I smiled and gently picked up the little baby. I rocked him gently as I looked at the newest addition of the Grant family. 

“How are you?" I asked Tobias.

“I think we’re fine. We have everything for the baby that we need. We get to go home in a week, since Ian came four weeks earlier than we expected. He’s still perfect in every little way.”

“God, your acting all mushy and crap.” I said to my brother, who was staring at the baby in my hand.

“You’ll understand when you have kids.” I felt a pang in my heart, because deep-down inside I’ve given up hope of having a kid. My relationship with Zayn is in the rocks, and I don’t even think I could go through all this again.

“You ok, sis.” Toby asked clearly worried. I wiped away the tear from my eye. I nodded, as it wasn’t my day. It was Toby, Amanda, and Ian’s day. Not mine.

“I’m fine. Totally fine. He’s just so pretty.” I handed him back to Toby, and excused myself from the room. I walked the hallway to get a glass of water, when I bumped into someone.

“Isabella? It’s me Perrie. You kind of stole Zayn from me?”

“Perrie. It’s nice to see you.”

“Wish I could say the same.” I sighed and she smiled at me.

“I’m just kidding. It’s nice to see you too. Why are you here?” She asked.

“My brother and his wife had a baby boy so I was just visiting.”

“Awh, that’s so sweet. We’re here for six weeks check-up.”

“You had a baby?”

“A  baby girl name Lauren Marie."

 “Well congratulations.” She gave me a hug, before she walked back towards a man waiting by the railing holding a baby in his hands.

“Well, you don’t see that everyday.”

I turned around, and I looked at my husband. He looked tired and stressed out and I can’t blame him. I probably look the same. We just stared at each other, and I sighed before leaning in to give him a hug. He hesitantly wrapped his arm around my waist. Soon he crushed my body into his. He didn’t smell like cigarettes or beer. Just like vanilla and cinnamon. The smell was so unfamilar to me. 

“I missed you.” I murmured into his chest and he nodded. He still hasn’t let go, and I didn’t plan too. I missed him too much to ever let go. I missed the kisses, the cuddles, even the sex. I missed Zayn no matter how much I don't want to admit it.

“I missed you more. I’m sorry for everything I said. I really thought you left. I was so mad at myself. Jasmine comes home tomorrow, and I want you to be there. Please say you’ll be there.” I nodded as he finally let go of me. 

“I will. I’m going  to come home, for Jasmine’s sake.” Just because I missed the son of a bitch dosen't mean I forgive him. I wasn't going to fo crawling back to him tonight and move in. I was going to be there for Jasmine and then leave. Like I always planned/