Our Last Wish ( A Zayn Malik Fan Fiction) Chapter Eight

Zayn POV

We rushed into the waiting room, and saw Tasha. Her hands were buried in her face and it looked like she was crying.

Driving here was horrible. It took 30 minutes to drive a 5 minute-route. I walked over to Tasha and gave her a big hug. She cried into my shoulder, as Izzy stood there looking uncomfortable. Of course she would when her husband arm's were wrapped around another girl. Especially his baby mama.

"I don't know what's wrong."Tasha sputtered.

"I think I might."

She lifted her head up, and looked at me flabbergasted. 

"What?"

"She might have-------."

"Jasmine C. Malik?"

We all stood up, and walked towards the doctor. He gave us a very grim look and ushered us into her room. There laid my baby girl with wires attach to her body. I walked to her side and knelled down beside her. I cried silently.

She should be out there playing in the snow. Not hook up too a bunch of wires, fighting for her life. 

"It seems like your daughter has PKD. PKD is Polycystic Kidney Disease. It is a genetic disease that causes the growth multiple cysts filled with fluid in the kidneys. Soon the kidneys will start to fail and will force the players to go on chronic dialysis or wait for a kidney transplant. It not common for someone her age."

"You said it's genetic, right?"Tasha said.

"It is genetic. I was looking at the files and it turns out there a history of PKD in Mr.Malik's family."

"There is?"

"There is. I'll leave you two to talk."

He left the room, and Tasha's eyes overflowed with tears. Izzy walked up to me, but Tasha got there first.

"You knew this would happen! You knew Jasmine was at risk.You knew our daughter could be at this state. How could you? I know you don't like me, but you can't take that hate out on her. She's your daughter."

"Don't make this about you. Our daughter is laying there, fighting for her life."

"Zayn, I don't want to fight right now. My daughter's fighting for her life because of you."

"I didn't know this would happen. It usually skips generations. I know this is all my fault. You don't have to make me feel worse."

The doctor walked in and we all got silent. The arguing stopped and we stared at the doctor. Nothing was more important than that. 

"So, we'll put you daughter dialysis and wait for a kidney. She asleep right now. "

"My insurance dosen't cover this. I didn't think this would happen."Tasha muttered.

"Without insurance a new kidney can cost up to 66220 pounds."

"That much. What is that?"

"That's for just a kidney. Now they have to take medication for the rest of there life so the body dosen't fight against the kidney. Now finding a strong enough kidney is key. Now, Zayn I heard you got a kidney from your father. This help you not to take any medicines, but your daughter most likely won't have that luxury. Unless you would donate a kidney."

"I wish I could. Hell, my other one isn't working and this one keeps getting weak. I don't want to give her a weak one."

"We'll just put her in dialysis. We'll wait and pray. That's all we can do at this point. Jasmine should be able to go home later this week. We'll prescribe some pain medicine, because it is painful. During this time in her life, you need to be her for her. You can't be focused on work or school. You need to be one-hundred percent focused on Jasmine. Nothing can affect your commitment to your daughter. Without support your daughter could die."