Our Last Wish ( A Zayn Malik Fan Fiction) Chapter Twelve

Zayn POV

"Daddy, I don't want to go.” Izzy whined.

"Baby, you'll get better."

"No, please don't make me go."

"You have to sweetie."

"No, I'm not going too. You can't make me."

Her eyes started drooping, and I could tell the medicine was working. She started crying as I touched her hair. I wiped her tears away, some filling my eyes.

"Daddy, I'm scared."

"Me too, baby girl."

"I'm tired. Will I be better when I wake up?"

"I promise you will."

"I love you, daddy."

"I love you too, Jasmine."

They wheeled her out of the room, and she started crying louder. She screamed our names, and soon we couldn't hear nothing. Tasha sat there on the couch, crying silently. I sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders. 

"She's going to get better." I said.

"She was crying. I don't want my baby crying. I hate it."

"I hate it, too. You know that."

"Zayn! She's my blood. I carried her for nine freaking months. She a part of me. What if this doesn’t work? What do we do?"

"It's going to work. I know it. Have some faith."

"I'm the one who takes Jasmine to school. I'm the one who helps her with her nightmares. I'm the one who has to say no to her. I'm the one taking care of her!"

"Hold up. I do things for Jasmine too. I take care of my daughter."

"No, you don't. She goes to your house for a week in summer and every weekend. Woo-hoo. I have her 2/3 of the year."

"If it's so hard for you, give her to me. I'm willingly to take her in."

"You’re not taking her from me."

"Tasha what the fuck is your problem. You honestly don't listen to a word I say. We’re talking about the well-being of our daughter."

"I'm listening, Zayn. Look, I just wanted you helping out more."

"I already pay child support. I give you 3,000 pounds a month for her. I also help pay your rent and water bill. What else do you want me to fucking do?"

"I want you to be there for Jasmine, goddammit. I want you to come to her plays. Take her to the pool. Surprise her once a week after school. Take her out of school to get ice cream. Come to her football games. Come to her dance recitals. Stop making false promise. She cries every time you don't show up. It honestly hurts her. Jazzy told me last night that she's happy she's in the hospital because she can see daddy more. That honestly broke my heart. I need you to be there for your daughter. I'm sick."

"Sick?"

"Zayn, I got Stage 1 of Breast Cancer."

"Wait, why? How?"

"I don't know. I went to the doctors a month ago. I had stage one and I'm starting chemo soon. Lumpectomy is the surgery I'm going to get to remove the tumor. I'm just worried for Jasmine. She needs her dad. If I don't make it, I want you to be there for her. Ok?"

'I promise, I will be. It not going to get to that point."

"Let's just hope, it won't get to that point. Since they found it early it can be easier to get rid of, but...."