04. JULIET AND REMUS' PERFUME

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

1st September 1974

Euphemia and Fleamont Potter came back the morning of the first September to send the twins and their friends off to school. They looked like they hadn't slept in days, making the teenagers wonder what kind of job would have been this draining.

Yet, they were glad that the parents kept their promise to see them off. They left so suddenly, it would have been sad not to bid them goodbye, considering how they would not see each other until Christmas.

So, now, the five Gryffindors were walking in the Hogwarts Express' hallways, greeting those they knew, and searching for an empty compartment. Though, the boys were looking for that, Juliet was actually looking for her friends and dormmates: Lily, Marlene, Dorcas, Mary and Alice.

She didn't just spend her first years at Hogwarts following her brother around like a lost puppy, and before she even met Pandora, Regulus and Amos, she rapidly became friends with the five girls.

Juliet was pretty known for being overall friendly and charming. She was confident, and people were naturally drawn to her because of her gutsy attitude.

Which apparently didn't show up a lot around James and his friends. She still hadn't told them about herself being an Animagus and decided that she would if only she truly had to reveal it. Otherwise, she would just create unnecessary tension.

Juliet snapped out of her thoughts when Sirius opened the door of a compartment and entered, followed by Remus and Peter. She was about to walk away, still looking for the girls, but she was lifted by the waist and shrieked.

She knew it was James, he was the one walking behind her.

"James, put me down!" She started hitting James' hands.

And when they were going to pass the door, Juliet's head hit the frame and she uttered a yelp and started cursing at her brother until he finally put her down with an apology.

The youngest Potter glared at Sirius who was laughing very loudly and stroked the place where she's been hit, sitting down next to Remus.

"You okay?" He asked her softly, looking at her with slightly worried eyes, and fishing in his pocket to take out a chocolate.

Juliet nodded and thanked him before turning to her twin. "Mind telling me why you just brutally kidnapped me?"

"Because I want to spend some time with my favorite sister, of course!" James grinned.

"I'm your only sister." She rolled her eyes. "And I'm not buying that, what do you want?"

"I need help, with Lily." Juliet groaned. "Oh, come on, we're twins, you're supposed to help me out!"

"Why don't you ask him?" The girl pointed at Sirius. "He gets all the girls."

"Interesting, are you saying I have a chance with you?" Sirius smirked.

Juliet paused, bemused, before she corrected herself. "All the girls, with a few exception." Remus snorted.

"Well, he's not friends with Lily." James replied.

"Lily hates you." Juliet argued.

"Not for long."

"Gosh. Fine." She sighed. "You just need to stop being a douche, then maybe she'll tolerate you." She got up to leave.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked her.

"Prefect duties. Remus, get up, let's go." She instructed before taking her bag and walking to the prefects' compartment, the boy right behind her.

She was glad that Remus was also a prefect, she did not know if any of her others friends were, and it was always nice to see a familiar face. Especially if it was Remus Lupin's.

"How are your parents?" Juliet spoke up, breaking the silence.

"They're alright. They've been wanting you and the boys to visit someday." Remus smiled sheepishly.

"Wait.. Me too? They know me?" Juliet was surprised, she never expected Remus to talk about her to his parents.

"Of course they know about you." He didn't say anything else.

The girl tried to hide her smile by looking down at her feet as they reached the prefects' compartment. They entered one of them and there, they met Lily and two other prefects from a year above.

Some time later, the Head Boy, Jason Wood, told them they were approaching Hogwarts and they should change in their uniforms and go tell the other students to get ready. And so they did.

When she was finished, Juliet decided to pair up with Remus and find a few of the first-year students they would have to lead to the boats later. Though on the way to the first wagon, Juliet was struggling to put her red prefect badge on.

"You need help with that?" Remus chuckled at her annoyed expression.

"Please." She nodded.

Remus approached her and Juliet sucked in a deep breath. That's very close. Too close. What the- he's even prettier up-close, how is that fair? But that concentrated face is cute. Oh my, he smells nice. There's a woody scent. Is it pine? It smells like pine. I like it. No, don't say it, don't say it-

"I like your perfume." She blurted. Great.

Remus looked up and gave Juliet a smile. "Thanks." He stepped back. "Here you go."

Juliet glanced down at the badge on her robe and thanked Remus with a blushing face, rushing to change the subject.

The werewolf stared at the girl with a small smile, listening to her talk about Pandora moving in the Diggory's house.

He didn't want to tell her because she was already pretty red, so she would probably die of embarrassment by then.

But, Remus Lupin was not wearing any perfume that day.

* * *

a little cute moment
can you sense the slow-burn?

what shall we call them? Ruliet? Jemus? Pupin? Lotter? I don't know.