50. JULIET AND THE LOVE SONG

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

December 1975

Juliet almost made it to the staircase wearing her jeans, but nobody can escape Sirius Black. He had pulled her back into her room and seemed very offended by her choice of clothing.

"What's wrong with it?"

"It's a special night, everything is wrong with it!"

Hope, who was passing by the door, ended up being also pulled in by Sirius, and together, the two had curled the girl's hair, did a light makeup on her face, and forced her into one of her very few dresses and her mother's heels.

"This is ridiculous, I looked just fine in my jeans." She complained as Hope was zipping the dress up.

"No you didn't." Sirius denied, finishing putting on his eyeliner.

"You did." Hope agreed. "But you also look marvelous in this." She turned the girl towards the mirror so she could take a look at herself.

Though she barely had the time to take in her own appearance, because of her door suddenly opening to her boyfriend.

"Hey ba-" He stopped himself upon seeing his mother. "Bestie. Um. Your friends are here."

Sirius started laughing uncontrollably as Juliet beamed.

"Diggorys?" He nodded and watched as she squealed and ran out clumsily, clearly not used to the heels.

"She looks amazing, doesn't she?" Hope grinned at her son.

Remus, who was staring still at the direction in which she had disappeared, smirked. "Yeah, she does."

Juliet tripped in the middle of the stairs, and would have probably needed medical attention if it wasn't for her brother and father catching her.

"Be careful." Monty scolded.

"Juliet!" She heard her best friends call, and immediately made her way to them.

"Amos! Dora!" She embraced the girl first, then the boy.

"You look beautiful! I love your dress!" Dora grinned at her.

"Thank you, you look very much like a princess yourself."

"Alright, you can let me go now, preferably before your boyfriend kills me." Amos whispered, patting her on the back.

Juliet turned to glance towards the staircase, on which Remus was leaning, eyes fixated on her with a neutral but stern expression. She gave him a smile and he couldn't help but soften up at the sight.

"There are so many people." Pandora looked around, a bit lost, she was never a fan of big gatherings.

"Yeah, my parents didn't lay back on the invites. You can go to my room if it becomes too overwhelming."