23. JULIET AND THE FIRST YEARS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

September 1975

Juliet kept glancing at the Slytherin's table while kids were getting sorted and also when the Headmaster was giving his speech. Only snapping out of it when the food appeared in front of her.

Greeting the first comers by her side, she started to dig in, starting a conversation with Lily who was sitting next to her.

Then the redhead chocked on her food. "What!?" She exclaimed rather loudly, but only attracting a few glances as she was getting shushed by the Potter girl.

"Lily! Quiet down!" She scolded.

"Sorry." She said in a whisper after her coughing calmed down. "Remus said that!?"

"Why are you so shocked?"

Her friend shrugged. "Just didn't expect Remus to be one to try and confess to anyone."

"Now that you say it, it is a bit surprising." She hummed. "But I don't know what to tell him."

"Well, how do you feel about him?" Lily looked at her friend.

Juliet glanced at Remus who was bickering with Sirius a few seats away. "I feel comfortable around him. And safe, you know, despite-" She gasped, closing her mouth shut suddenly.

"Despite what?" She raised an eyebrow.

What was she going to do? It slipped out! She couldn't tell her his secret. Thinking quickly, she blurted the first thing that came to her mind. "The incident last year."

"The incident last year?" The girl repeated, intrigued. "What incident?"

Juliet started to panic. "With the Slytherins."

"I don't understand."

"Well... Um, they did something inappropriate. And Remus knows about it. And that's why I said he managed to make me feel safe."

Lily stared at her friend, nodding slowly. She could tell that this wasn't a lie, and that it made her friend uncomfortable. Juliet was just hoping she wouldn't get questioned more about it. She risked her own secret to preserve his.

"I think you like him." The redhead said after some time.

"Obviously."

"No, Juliet, I mean, like more than a friend."

"Oh." Juliet glanced at Remus again, noticing how he was staring at her this time, making her look away with a small blush on her cheeks. "You know what, I think I might."

"Don't rush, give yourself time and you'll figure it out."

"But I already made him wait the whole summer." The brunette frowned.