62. JULIET AND THE HEAD BOY

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

August 1976

Everything seemed to have passed extremely fast after Valentine's Day. The birthdays, the finals, the summer break, and soon enough, it would be time for the kids to go back to school again.

"James! The letters are here!" Juliet yelled in the house, picking up the three letters that had just appeared on their doorstep.

Every year, along with the list of school supplies came the results of the end of the year's exams, and evidently they weren't as stressful as OWLs or NEWTs, but there was still a certain will of doing well on those exams.

Sirius had went grocery shopping with Euphemia and so the twins were left with their father.

Fleamont was calmly sat on the couch, a newspaper in hand, when he heard the loud and rapid footsteps rushing down the stairs, making him sigh.

"Give it to me!" The oldest Potter twin yelled, running to his sister, who scurried away from him, hiding behind the kitchen counter to avoid him catching up with her. "Juliet!"

"How bad did you do on the exams?" She grinned, going to open the envelope, and throwing it away.

"Hey! Give me that!" He screamed, running around the corner to get to her, but she had seen him coming and had already ran back into the kitchen while unfolding the letter.

Seeking protection, she jumped on her father, whose newspaper fell out of his hands as he sighed at the girl on his lap.

"Dear Mr Potter-" She started reading, James jumping on the couch to grab the letter from her but she pushed him away with her foot.

"Dad!" He complained.

"I am-" But she cut herself off, her eyes widening as she looked back at her twin brother who was eyeing her annoyed.

"What's going on?" Euphemia asked, entering the house with Sirius and floating bags following her.

"Mia, please get the children off me." Fleamont pleaded, his attention going back to his daughter when she started reading.

"Dear Mr Potter,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been chosen for the position of Head Boy for your seventh and final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.-"

"What!?" The family members exclaimed, all gathering around the letter.

"-Please find enclosed your new Head Boy badge- I trust you'll find it suitably shiny."

"Merlin!" Mia exclaimed, all of the bags ceased floating, falling to the ground.

Monty stared between his twins before leaning over to see the letter and confirm his girl's words.

"You're Head Boy!" Sirius exclaimed, laughing loudly.

"I'm.. Head Boy?" James' eyes widened as he looked at Juliet who had just finished re-reading the envelope and was now smiling up at him.

"Where's the badge?" Fleamont asked suddenly.

It was silent for a few seconds before the twins exclaimed, "The envelope!" Before running to the kitchen.

Picking up the envelope from the ground, James took the badge out of it, staring down at it with a grin, immediately looking back up to see his family watching him with happy smirks.

"Oh, I'm so proud of you!" Euphemia approached him, kissing his cheek.

~

September 1976

"There's no way. No way." Remus shook his head, watching with his girlfriend as his best friend was flaunting his Head Boy badge to Peter.

"Yeah, I had to read the letter six times before I realized it was real." The brunette giggled.

"How could it be? He's not prefect. And he's James Potter. His rule is to go against rules, how is he Head Boy?" Remus pinched the bridge of his nose, preparing himself for the upcoming headaches.

"Lily is Head Girl. I think that says a lot about what pushed the Headmaster and Professors to take that decision." She smiled softly as her twin turned to her with a bright grin. "And he's been doing well lately, don't you think? Behaving, studying..."

"Hasn't he been doing that for Lily?" Sirius said, appearing by the couple's side.

"No." Juliet denied, glancing at their group of parents standing a few feet away. "No, he hasn't."

"You're proud of him." Remus pointed out with a smirk.

A scowl suddenly appeared on the girl's face and she looked between her boyfriend and brother with a glare.

"You tell that to anyone, you will no longer have a tongue to speak." She threatened, walking over to the parents.

Sirius and Remus exchanged a smile as they watched her go, allowing James to express his excitement to them.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Lupin." Juliet greeted the couple standing with her parents.

"Oh, hello, darling! I am so happy to see you again! I wish you would have visited us this summer." Hope embraced her tightly.

"We went on a little trip with the kids." Euphemia explained shortly.

The parents didn't tell them, but the twins and Sirius knew that it had something to do with the war. Because when they went back home, the town seemed in a bad shape. And their parents would suddenly just disappear, coming back hours later, extremely tired.

"Come visit us soon, alright? You're family now." Hope's words caused a blush to appear on Juliet's cheeks, which resulted in her parents breaking into a fit of laughter.

Remus' mother then backed away, letting the girl bid her parents goodbye, her mother hugging her for longer that she had expected her to.

"Be good, and watch your brothers for me, will you?" She muttered.

"Yes, mum, don't worry about us." She hesitated before adding, "be careful out there."

"Always."

And that's how the kids left for their seventh year at Hogwarts. A year they were to remember, and perhaps not for good reasons.

* * *

I keep forgetting there's a war

does anyone want me to do another Q&A or no we good for now?