14. JULIET AND SUMMER BREAK

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

End of June 1975

And this was it. The end of the year. The exams had passed, and the students could finally feel themselves relax. No more non-stop studying, they could finally sleep peacefully.

Quidditch matches also ended, with the victory of Gryffindor against Hufflepuff. It was some time before the exams, so the students could focus more on studying.

Juliet was amazed at her own capacities. How she managed her classes, the study sessions, her prefect duties, Slughorn's club, Quidditch, plus, in the end, Remus' monthly transformations, was still a mystery, even to her.

It had been ten days after the exams, and the results were already out. The youngest Potter was quite anxious but once her eyes fell on her grades she let out the breath she didn't realise she was holding.

Unsurprisingly, she got an O, Outstanding, for all her courses, except three. She obtained an E, Exceeds Expectations in Charms, and Muggle Studies, and an A, Acceptable, in History of Magic. It seemed she did not fail any classes, which she was delighted about.

Juliet was a good student, probably a reason why she was chosen to be a prefect. Actually, both twins were pretty good students. It was just more unexpected for James to be one, considering how he spent most of his time in detention, alongside his friends.

It was six days before summer vacation and Juliet and Remus were patrolling after curfew, talking about their exams.

"Well, you were worried about Charms, it didn't turn out as bad as you expected it to, did it?" He nudged her playfully.

"Are you kidding? I thought I'd do poorly but I got an E! An E! Me! In Charms! Can you believe it? Dad thought I managed to cheat, he wants to know how I did it." She stated, jumping around excitedly, making him laugh.

"How's he doing? You said your parents have been working a lot since last year."

"Yeah." She sighed. "They won't tell James and I what exactly they're doing. And apparently they'll be gone for most of the summer too."

It was silent for a few seconds. Seconds during which Juliet was staring at Remus' hesitant face.

"Well? Spill. There's something on your mind." He smiled softly at her.

"You remember when I told you that mum would love to have you guys over?" She nodded. "She invited you for the summer."

"Really?" Juliet beamed. "Wait.. Your mum has met James and Sirius, right?"

"Yep."

"And she wants them over?" The Potter girl raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Yep. I also couldn't believe it. I did suggest just having you and potentially Peter but she wants everyone at home."

"Wow. What a brave woman." She said, making both of them laugh.

When the time had come to leave, Juliet couldn't help but feel like the year went by too fast. A lot of things have changed to. It quite honestly scared her to think about what was to come. Times were tough, it was undeniable that a war was being prepared.

Though no one truly talked about it. It was as if everyone have made a pact of silence. As long as no one talks about it, it's not real. But they couldn't just ignore the very random and sudden disappearances in the Wizarding World. This wasn't just a bunch of people taking long vacations, they were gone. And no matter how much the Aurors tried, they couldn't find them. The Ministry did nothing.

War was coming and nobody wanted to think about it. Because undeniably, the war would cause the loss of their loved ones.

* * *

"Juliet! James! Are you ready? Lyall will be here soon!" The twins heard their mother say from downstairs and screamed back a positive answer in response.

It had been decided for the twins to go to the Lupins on the second week of vacations. They would stay there for some time, allowed to go back home whenever they wished, but there was no confirming on whether the parents would be home or not.

Juliet was putting a book in her bag when James' voice spoke from behind her. "You do know there are tones of books at Remus'?"

"Yeah but I doubt Remus has a book about flowers." Her brother snorted.

Taking her bag after checking she had everything she needed, she turned to her brother who was leaning on her door frame, waiting on her.

Once Euphemia spotted her children coming downstairs she earnestly questioned them on the things they had taken with them. James ended up going back upstairs, realising he had forgotten his toothbrush.

"Juliet." Her mother called, gaining back her attention. "I know you're not very happy with us being this absent, but I promise we're doing everything we can to finish it quickly."

"Mum, it's been a year." The brunette frowned. What could possibly take this long?

"And it could take more. I just hope we can put it to and end before it's too late." She sighed, her hands grasping on her daughter's shoulders.

"What do you mea-"

"I'm ready!" James interrupted.

"Hello Potters!" They heard Lyall Lupin's voice coming from the fireplace.

"Lyall! It's great to see you! Thank you for taking the kids." Fleamont greeted warmly.

And after rushed hugs, the twins bid their parents goodbye and left for the Lupins, Juliet losing the opportunity to know what exactly is happening.

* * *

I'm baaaaack tin tin tiiiiiin