38. JULIET AND THE LIBRARY

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

November 1975

The next day, Juliet was slightly tired because of how late the Astronomy class ended last night. Before that class, a few younger students had asked her if she would be willing to accompany them there while she was dropping them off to the common room.

She had to ask for Professor McGonagall and Madam Pince's authorization but it was quickly settled, and so she was sitting in the library, sluggishly writing her Runes essay while keeping an eye on the younger Gryffindors scattered around the room.

Farther in the castle, Remus, who had been looking for her the entire morning, was becoming more and more frustrated by the second. He had to let her know of what the boys were planning, or it could go embarrassingly sideways at any moment.

Luckily for him, a student who was supposed to go with Juliet and the other Gryffindors had been forgotten in the common room, and so he was asked if he would accompany the pre-teen to the library where the other prefect and students were.

Eagerly, the two made their way to the quiet place. Once there, the first-year scurried away, getting lost between the book shelves, while Remus looked around for his girlfriend.

He spotted her, sitting alone at a secluded table in a corner that had a rather good view on the rest of the room and unconsciously smiled.

Footsteps approached her table, but Juliet only looked up when she felt lips on the top of her head. Smiling once her eyes fell on her boyfriend, she pulled out the chair next to hers for him to sit down, which he did.

"Hey." She said in a quiet voice.

"Hey." He sighed.

"You okay? What are you doing here?"

Her calm voice appeased his nervousness, and he almost forgot what he needed to talk to her about. Because that's how she was, she made everything feel normal, as if nothing or no one was ever out of place.

He sighed quietly in content, glad that it did not feel weird or forced despite their relationship only beginning.

"You forgot a kid in the common room." He raised his eyebrows teasingly.

"Oh no, did I? I didn't even realise." She sighed, burying her face in her palms.

He chuckled, stroking her back in an attempt to comfort her. "Thanks for bringing them." He nodded in reply.

"We have a problem." The werewolf blurted after a few seconds.

"What?" Juliet tilted her head so she could look at her boyfriend.

"James."

The girl frowned in confusion. "I thought we agreed on not telling him."

"That's the problem! Because he doesn't know he-"

They were shushed by Madam Pince, who was passing by, and both muttered apologies, lowering their voices.

"Because he doesn't know, and apparently wants us together, he's putting up a whole plan to help us out."

"That's.. kind of sweet though." She smiled slightly. "I guess it helps him not think about the whole petrification situation."

"Yes, but now, we're done for! He's definitely going to find out and-"

He was shushed again by the librarian because he hadn't realised that he was talking slightly louder.

"Oh, hush yourself." He groaned under his breath, his frown disappearing once Juliet took his hand in hers.

"It's going to be fine. Even if he gets mad because we didn't tell him right after, he won't stay mad for long." She reassured. "I mean, it's James, you just need to show him something from Zonko's and he'll forget."

The werewolf contemplated, leaning back on his chair.

"So, what even is he planning?" She questioned.

"He's going to ask your parents to throw a New Year's party, like the ones you used to have, and invite all of our families." He started explaining, watching as she beamed.

"Oh, I missed those!"

She didn't think her parents would agree because of the ongoing tension in the wizarding world, but she thought it'd be lovely to be surrounded by her friends and family once again, as if nothing bad was happening outside.

"And.. He's writing a song." Remus pursed his lips.

"Who's writing a song?" The brunette frowned.

"James is writing a song."

"James is writing a song?"

"James is writing a song." He confirmed. "About you. And me. And how I feel about you. I actually am 75% sure he's going to give up on that, and he and Peter will start looking for songs that already exist, but Sirius wants to sing it anyway."

The Potter girl sat there bemused at this rambling and she tried to stifle a laugh -in vain.

"This can't possibly get any better." She tried to hide herself behind her parchment when she noticed Madam Pince glaring her way.

"They want to do it in front of everybody."

"Oh my God, it got worse." Her eyes widened but the grin never left her lips.

"If your parents agree..." He trailed.

"It's going to be in front of both of our parents."

"This is going to be so embarrassing, I'm so sorry, I tried to stop them, but Sirius was there and he made it worse." He sighed in irritation, ruffling his hair with his free hand and staring at his shoes.

"Of course he did." She scoffed. "Let me guess, he suggested the song." He nodded and she snorted.

Juliet was surprised they hadn't been thrown out of the library yet. They were talking as quietly as they could, but her excitement and Remus' exasperation couldn't be contained that much. She suspected Professor McGonagall to have asked her to be indulgent as the prefects were mainly there because of the kids.

The youngest Potter glanced back at her boyfriend's sullen expression and she squeezed his hand with a smile. He looked back up at her.

"It's okay. I don't mind that much, it could be a fun experience." She leaned forwards.

He raised his eyebrows in surprise. "You're not annoyed by any of this?"

"Well, no, I see it as a way to make nice memories, surrounded by people we love." The scarred boy stared at her for a few seconds before a fond smile appeared on his lips. "Besides, James and Peter will be completely baffled when they'll learn that we're already together."

"I love your evil side." He kissed her knuckles as she smirked.

"Is that all you love about me?" She teased, raising an eyebrow at him.

"You know I love everything about you." He rolled his eyes and grinned, pulling her for a short kiss.

And just like that, all of his worries vanished with a few words from her. It had been twenty-four hours and he already did not know what he would do without her.

* * *

what the hell did I just write