26. JULIET AND THE BREWING

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

September 1975

When they were done getting the ingredients, the four Gryffindors were hurrying back to their tower, the cloak covering them. Well, their feet could be seen because there were too many of them. And they were forced to stand near each other, making it hard to breathe under the cloth.

"Ah, bloody hell, I need air." James groaned, giving the few ingredients in his hands to his sister before getting out of their hiding.

"Prongs! Get back in here!" Peter scolded, getting out too to drag his friend back.

To their luck, at that moment they heard a voice approaching them.

"I will verify it later on, thank you."

It was McGonagall. They did not know who she was talking to, but they knew she was coming their way. Panicking, James and Peter changed into their Animagus form, bewildering Juliet who almost dropped the things she was holding.

Thankfully, Remus had been right behind her that entire time, and noticing her flinch, he swiftly sneaked his arm around her waist, firmly supporting her arms so the ingredients wouldn't fall. His other arm was holding the cloak hovering over them, and he was praying she couldn't hear his heart pounding in his chest.

It was when she felt his chest against her back that realisation actually hit Juliet that they were standing extremely close. A blush took over her entire face, and she looked around shyly.

"Don't move." He whispered in her ear. She nodded, gulping.

Their attention went back to the situation, noticing McGonagall standing a few feet away, frozen, staring at the two animals.

"Black and Potter have something to do with this. I don't know how. But they do." The Head of Gryffindor sighed, shaking her head, and continuing her path. "I'll deal with this tomorrow."

Juliet and Remus watched as she passed by them, turning their gaze back to the stag and rat once she was out of sight.

"Blimey! Let's get out of here!" Peter exclaimed, turning back to his human form.

"No, wait!" James stopped him. "We need to follow her!"

"Why would we do that!?"

"Because we need a piece of her! We're missing some ingredients remember?!" Then he turned, looking into an empty space in front of him. "Juliet, Remus, you go and start with the potion, we'll come as soon as we can."

Remus and Juliet exchanged a confused glance. But they couldn't really blame the boy, he couldn't see them.

"Be careful not to get the caught." His sister told him, nudging Remus to continue walking. He nodded and followed after her, his arm still around her.