51. JULIET AND THE NEW YEAR

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

December 1975

A few had gasped, but the room was filled with laughter the second James let out a high-pitched scream of shock while pointing at the couple.

Astonished by the reaction, Juliet tried to approach him.

"James-"

He screamed again.

"All right, people, let's hope we reached the peak of drama for one night." Monty covered his son mouth and smiled to his guests.

Mia decided to intervene and help her husband. "It will be midnight in ten minutes, so we would like to invite everyone to move to the backyard to watch the fireworks, if you'd please follow me."

When passing by Juliet, she raised her eyebrows at her daughter and with a teasing smirk, she whispered something before walking away, followed by the crowd.

"Don't think we won't talk about this."

"Mum!" Juliet whined.

The multiple people that passed by them, smiled at the couple, still chuckling at the shocked twin brother. Peter was also flabbergasted, looking between the two with his mouth open.

"Pete, close your mouth or you'll swallow a fly." Remus told his best friend with a small grin.

Most people had left the living room, some of the teenagers were left behind, plus Monty and Rita Skeeter, who did not waste a second before rushing to the werewolf and the brunette.

"Fascinating, a brother's best friend trope! I'm a huge fan of those, I've got to say. Tell me everything, how did it happen, who confessed, who seduced who? My bet is on little Miss Potter, everyone knows you could charm anyone, so how did you do it?" She bombarded them.

Remus noticed Juliet frowning at the woman. Rita Skeeter was a few years older than them, possibly the same age as Molly Weasley, and she had started working the second she was out of Hogwarts, everyone knew her to be terribly annoying and overexaggerating most of her articles.

"Excuse me?" Juliet raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh, come on, it's just between us girls." The blonde woman winked, her notebook and quill in hand.

"Yeah, and the millions of people who are going to read the article you'll write." Remus rolled his eyes.

"Miss Skeeter, I do not appreciate what you're implying, watch your words." Monty glared at the blonde, getting her attention.

Her eyes fell on the father who was still covering his son's mouth, and shifted her attention to the boy.

"Oh! James Potter! How are you taking this emotional blow?" She questioned the twin.