09. JULIET AND MCLAGGEN

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

February 1975

Valentine's Day came faster than expected. Everyone felt different about the lovers' day. Some felt bitter at the sight of the lovey dovey couples, some had to cope with yet another rejection -James- and some had dates they were not overjoyed of -Juliet.

It was a Saturday so no school, and most students were preparing for the trip to Hogsmeade.

Two days after Mary told Juliet about Marcellus, the boy asked her out, and as she ended up saying yes reluctantly.

She was now at the Gryffindor's table in the Great Hall, surrounded by her friends, occasionally glancing over at James who was sulking and poking at his food.

"Weren't you too harsh? He didn't even finish his question that you already screamed no." Juliet quietly questioned the redhead by her side who shook her head furiously.

Her attention was taken away by a small tap on her shoulder. The brunette turned around to see Pandora standing behind her in a long light green dress, her wavy hair falling over her shoulders and a radiant smile on her face.

Juliet stood up with a gasp and checked her giggling best friend from every angle. "Dora you look like a princess!"

"I have a date with Xenophilius." She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "It's not too much, is it?"

"No! It's perfect! You're stunning!" Pandora beamed at the slightly taller girl.

"So are you, where's your date?" The blonde looked around, and the brunette shrugged before yellow flowers covered her sight.

She tilted her head and turned around to see McLaggen standing behind her, holding out the small bouquet towards her. She gave him a small awkward smile, taking the flowers from him. Buttercups. Huh.

"You love them, don't you? I know you would. Anyway, let's go!" He started walking away, not even waiting for her to say anything.

Juliet sighed and followed the boy out of the Hall, and on the way met with Peter and Remus who were just entering. The boys walked towards the girls with confused frowns.

"Juliet didn't look happy." Peter pointed out, sitting between Sirius and Marlene.

"Their date just started and he already made two mistakes." Pandora told them, getting their attention, as Xenophilius was making his way to her.

"What did he do?" Remus frowned.

"More like what he didn't do." Marlene rolled her eyes. "I think it's the first time I'm seeing Juliet in a dress, and he didn't even compliment her."

Remus has seen Juliet in dresses before, during summer, and even though he saw her briefly just then, he thought she looked breathtaking wearing that dark blue mini dress. The bell sleeves, the v-neck, even the length of the dress complimented her figure. And the werewolf knew that if she was his date he wouldn't be able to take his eyes off her.