39. JULIET AND THE BOUQUET SPELL

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

November 1975

Juliet was in Classroom 2E during her second period of the day. The room was relatively quiet as the students were either practicing nonverbal spells or reading about it in their books as Professor Flitwick instructed them to do while he corrected essays.

The brunette girl was staring intensely at the glass in front of her, her wand in hand, as she attempted to fill it with the Water-Making spell.

"Juliet." She ignored the whisper, not looking away from the object. "Pssst! Juliet!"

She was then poked in the back. Swearing under her breath, she snapped her head to look at her twin sitting behind her with a glare.

"What?"

"What do you think of the friends to lovers trope?" He asked with an excited expression.

The girl just sat there, staring at him, bewildered, before letting her gaze fall on Remus, behind him, with his face buried in his hands. She stifled a chuckle and looked back at her brother.

"I think it's adorable." She watched as James started to slap Sirius' arm in excitement while Peter nudged Remus with a grin.

Deciding to mess with them, she continued. "Though, it's nowhere as amazing as enemies to lovers. In fact, I'd see myself falling for a Slytherin. Forbidden love, how romantic." She made a dramatic gesture with her hand while James and Peter's smiles fell.

Her gaze fell on her boyfriend again, he raised an eyebrow at her and she winked, turning back to face the glass on her table with a smirk.

"What the hell do we do now? Should we make them hate each other and then push them into each other's arms!?" James exclaimed in a whisper to his friends, Juliet overhearing his words.

Not that it was that hard, James' whispers tended to get rather loud when his emotions were intense. Scratch that, the boy was always excited and hyper, so he was always loud.

A few seconds passed. Juliet went back to her practice, still able to hear the boys' whispers but no longer paying attention.

Behind her, James had turned around in his seat, rambling different plans on which Peter and Sirius would occasionally comment, while Remus was staring at the back of his girlfriend's head with narrowed eyes.

"Watch this." He told his friends who glanced at him, confused, their whispers replaced by curious silence.

The werewolf raised his hand, holding his wand, and pointing it towards the Potter youngest. His hand made a circular motion, causing a pink light to be produced with his nonverbal spell.

Because of her whole focus being on her spell, Juliet was startled when a bouquet of pink roses appeared in front of her.

The sudden jump seemed to have attracted her teacher's attention, because Flitwick glanced up, then started to climb down the mountain of books he was standing on.