52. JULIET AND AN UPSETTING ARTICLE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

January 1976

Festivities were over. Winter break was over and soon enough it was time for the kids to return to school. They had a marvelous time together, playing around like they were children again.

With their secret out, the couple were more comfortable around each other, which had James sometimes glaring at them. He loved them together, but couldn't help his overprotective brother self to come out when he saw them kissing for more than two seconds.

Of course, they would get annoyed at him, but everyone would just laugh it off and life would move on.

"Miss Potter, a sassy and coquette girl, had a secret of hers revealed during the festivity organised by her parents. A love song followed by a confession led to the truth that had her twin unable to process the emotional blow. Indeed, dear readers, Juliet Potter has been dating none other than her brother's best friend, Remus Lupin! The intimidating and the pretty. An adorable couple, and quite an unexpected one! But is it really that unexpected? The entire community knows of the young witch's charm, not so surprising that she has him wrapped around her little finger." Pandora read to Juliet, who was red in the face.

They had been back to school the day prior, lots of questions were thrown in the couple's way but they simply did their best to ignore it all. Everyone had kept The Daily Prophet's article about them hidden from Juliet, by fear of awakening her rage.

And Pandora Lestrange, who had unfortunately not been told of keeping it away from the brunette, had agreed to read it to her, sitting on a bench next to her in the courtyard. Juliet was not red from humiliation, she was furious.

"THE ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS BITCH!" Juliet yelled in horror, snatching the newspaper out of the blonde's hands. "SHE SAID WHAT!?"

"She called you sassy and coquette." Pandora innocently repeated.

Letting out another outraged scream that had the Marauders, but also Amos, Daphne and Alastor rush towards her, she glared at the few written lines.

"She's calling me a slag!"

"Oh dear, surely that's not what she meant..." Daphne tried to calm the girl down, failing to see her boyfriend signalling to her to stop talking.

"Not what she meant!? 'The entire community knows of the young witch's charm', she's saying I've slept with everybody!" She showed them the article.

"Well, that's surely a misunderstanding?" James attempted to reason with her, not believing his own words, but absolutely terrified of his sister.

"You! All of you! Why would you keep this from me!?" She hit Sirius, who was standing the closest to her, with the now folded newspaper.