49. JULIET AND THE FESTIVITIES

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

December 1975

They say good times pass fast. Perhaps it was true, because Juliet felt like the two following weeks passed in a blur.

The Potters' Manor was full and lively that winter. The Lupins and the Pettigrews stayed over after Juliet suggesting they should, considering how they would be back for New Year's Eve anyway so why not stay?

And so, they did. Well, Pettigrews had to meet family members so they left the first week but came back the second.

The boys and Juliet had many game nights, they would play Quidditch during the day (though Peter and Remus would watch the three others), and they would play pranks on everybody. It was the closest Juliet had felt to her brother and his friends.

They called her Muzzles sometimes.

She wondered if it was like one of the nicknames they had for each other. Or maybe they came up with it so when it was time for her to turn into Muzzles, they could let her know discreetly? If they simply considered her, one of their own, she didn't want to be.

And it did feel weird. She felt this longing to be acknowledged by her twin brother for four years. And now that she healed and no longer felt that neglect, but was slowly and unconsciously becoming one of them, she did not want to be. She didn't want to be one of the boys, one of those popular guys, the only girl on the team.

This wasn't some random story where a main character got noticed and taken in due to their peculiarly weird behavior.

She was a good match for the Marauders. But that didn't mean she had to be one of them.

Apart from that, at some point Euphemia let her daughter know that the city the Lupins live in got attacked by a few Death Eaters, and it was very lucky they weren't there.

Her parents did not leave the house and their guests though, believing it to be their job to protect the children and especially their muggle guest.

Juliet's mother had sighed in relief. Her daughter's suggestion might have saved at least one life. But they didn't let anyone else know, not to ruin the constant good mood in the house.

As for our young couple, they almost got caught two or three times by different people. Nobody did actually suspect anything, because everyone had guessed that the two liked each other, they simply didn't think they would act on it.

Remus would sneak into Juliet's room at night, not every night though so they wouldn't get caught and Sirius wouldn't struggle to cover for them. The werewolf would cuddle with his girlfriend and find a new purpose to life everytime he woke up with her in his arms.

A joyous Christmas passed. Lovely gifts were exchanged, and laughter didn't die one second. Juliet had offered Remus a sweatshirt with heart-shaped chocolates sewed on it. He found it funny, because he had gotten her socks with cute lavender branches sewed on them.

Both loved it. Immediately wore it and showed off to others.

James, Peter and Sirius tried getting the two under a mistletoe but they expected it and were careful not to stay close to each other, or even in the same room at the same time.

Big disappointment for Operation Pupin.

And soon enough, it was New Year's Eve.

The women of the house were busy cooking dinner while the men were cleaning and decorating the house.

While Juliet was cutting vegetables, Remus barged into the kitchen, panicked eyes immediately meeting hers.

"Remus? What's wrong?" Hope questioned her son.

"Nothing mum." He dismissed her, turning back to his girlfriend. "May I borrow Juliet for one second?"

The three adults turned to the girl who curiously nodded, following him out and into the living room.

"What's wrong?" She whispered.

"They're doing it tonight."

"What?"

"Operation Pupin."

"Pupin?"

"Pupin."

"You know, I would have kind of preferred something with Moon in it? But like MoonMuzzles sounds weird." She grimaced.

"Baby, concentrate please, the boys want to activate their plan tonight." He repeated.

"And what exactly is their plan?"

"They're not telling me."

"They're not telling you? But I thought you were part of the plan?"

"I know, but apparently they want to surprise me." He sighed. "This is going to be so embarrassing, I'm so sorry."

"No, don't apologise, Remus." She cupped his face. "They're trying to get us to be together, it's not embarrassing, it's adorable."

"But it's going to be in front of all of our parents and other guests too..."

"So what? Let the entire wizarding community learn that we're together, who cares? It's just teen romance to most of them anyway." She smiled reassuringly.

"Moony!" They heard James' voice call from upstairs.

"Coming!" He yelled back before turning back to his girlfriend.

Quickly, he had taken her hands off his cheeks, leaving a kiss on her knuckles before giving her a smile and running upstairs.

She watched him go, wondering what the others had prepared for them.

Not knowing that the second news got out, someone would care much more than expected.

* * *

No shade to the people that wrote fics like the one mentioned above

sorry for the late and the boring chapter
like yall saw on the previous a/n, I lost a friend. Also my finals started, and I have terrible back pain (I should probably see a doctor for it)

but I rested enough, and you guys' support has given me the courage to continue. thank you for everything <3