65. JULIET AND THE MUMBLING STUDENTS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

October 1976

"You must be joking, right?" James' hesitant voice broke the silence.

In order to have some privacy after Juliet came out of the office, the Head Boy had led them to the common room he shared with Lily. The redhead was there and she was also told of what happened

The twin girl had gone quiet since she was done with her brief explanation and it was worrying all of her friends.

"So all those things she said... That- that was a prophecy?" Amos mumbled to himself.

"Are we sure it's about you?" Peter gently asked the brunette girl, who shrugged in response.

The blonde boy hesitantly look at James who had not looked away from his sister since she came out of the office, as though he was scared she would disappear.

He stood up, walked over and sat next to her, grabbing her hand in his. "Hey, don't shut me out. You promised. It's you and me, remember?"

She glanced at him, sighing and nodding her head, snapping out of her trance.

"Well, what did the prophecy say for them to be so sure that it was you?" Lily spoke after clearing her throat.

"Born to those who have defied him thrice, if the child is to fail, the other descendent will be born as the seventh month dies." Juliet recited the specific part that got them all pointing at her.

"So all we know is that the supposed hero and key to ending the war has parents who have battled him before." Remus said with a jaded expression. "Great."

"Three times." Peter added. "That narrows it down."

"I fail to see how." Sirius raised an eyebrow.

The blonde smiled hopefully. "Well how many people do you know that managed to survive his attacks three times?"

"There's our parents apparently." Juliet pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Mum and dad never talk about their job. Is that what they've been doing? Defying him?"

"Who else is there that we know of?"

"Marlene's family." Lily said quietly, playing with her fingers nervously.

"Frank Longbottom's family." Sirius added.

"And the Bones family." The Hufflepuff said.

And the room was silent for a while. Juliet was recalling the night they saw Euphemia, accompanied by Edgar Bones and Elphias Doge. If the latter had any descendant, he would most probably be a part of their little list too.

"So what you're saying is that it could be me, James, Marlene McKinnon, Frank Longbottom or Amelia Bones?" The youngest twin declared.

A collective sigh echoed in the room. Not only they had failed at somehow reassuring the girl, but they've also added people to a list that should not even exist.

A list of the children who were meant to pass on their curse to their descendant if they were to fail and die while fighting an evil wizard.

"He said it was me because Trelawney saw it in the crystal ball." Juliet finally announced.

"But that doesn't mean anything, I mean the crystal ball belongs to Amos, right?" Lily quickly said.

"My parents haven't been defying him." Amos defended, mumbling.

The Hufflepuff received a glare from the redhead.

"It's fine. It's whatever, right? Prophecies don't always become true, let along a prophecy by Sybill Trelawney." Sirius tried to conclude, sending a not-so-confident glance at the twin girl.

"That's not the problem, Padfoot." Peter said in a small voice. "If the Death Eaters come to hear about it, the Dark Lord is going to do everything in his power to eliminate the potential threat."

"And the Professors are already contacting our parents." James' eyes widened.

"If the letter is intercepted or if others hear about it-"

"Let's not think about that." Remus stopped the blonde boy, glancing between him and his girlfriend.

They all awkwardly and worriedly looked at the brunette girl. And she, in turn, was amazed at how quickly things got out of hand.

"It won't stay a secret. He will find out." She finally stated

~

Juliet was right. It didn't stay secret. The Potters' appearance at the school got the people's attention. The kids were mumbling about themselves about which one of the twins had gotten into trouble.

And some people had seen Trelawney dragging the girl to the Headmaster's office, which was odd even coming from the eccentric professor.

Many questions were asked, very few answers given.

But really, what could they say? That the Divination Professor just randomly decided to throw the weight of a prophecy on a sixteen year-old girl?

Peter had a point, the Dark Lord would not take the chance of letting anything or anyone get in his way. People will find out, bad people will find out, and they will tell him.

And once he knows, he's going to kill Juliet and every single member of her family so there will be no descendant to vanquish him.

For someone that truly did not want to get involved with the war, Juliet was in deep shit.

* * *