29. JULIET AND THE SCREAMS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

October 1975

Nobody was ready for what was to come. In truth, nobody was really expecting it. They were all going on with their own lives peacefully, so how could they have known, really.

But let's go back a bit before going into the incident's details.

It seemed that it was now Juliet Potter's turn to avoid her best friends. She knew Amos had told them with she told him, and she wasn't upset about it, but she did not want to talk about it. So, she ran away from Amos after classes, started to whistle when Pandora tried to mention it and avoided eye-contact with Regulus.

She didn't expect him to he worried or anything, but she did catch his worried glances, and the dirty looks he sent the two Slytherins. He seemed to have distanced himself from them too, now hanging out with a Greengrass and Parkinson from time to time. Not that they were any better. They weren't. Same mentality as the other pure-blood supremacists. But at least their families weren't active supporters of the Dark Lord, simply possible allies.

Plannings were starting to fill themselves. Quidditch season had started and so had the Apparition lessons. Those were exceptionally for the sixth and seventh year students. It was optional but almost everyone took it, which led the lessons to be on weekends, for barely an hour, and in the Great Hall, as it was the only place able to welcome that many students.

The Marauders were slightly overexcited by those lessons, which caused Dumbledore and the instructor from the Ministry to give extra rules to their students while McGonagall was glaring straight at them. They didn't try to misbehave when they witnessed a student have a messed up face after apparating a few meters away. It was not a simple practice, and they truly preferred not to leave any body pieces behind.

"I thought I'd lose my dick." Sirius dramatically whined, slumping down on an armchair.

"That was your main concern?" Peter scoffed, entering the common room.

"What did you expect, Pete? He doesn't have a brain, he wouldn't be afraid to lose his head." Juliet smirked and the blonde chuckled, walking to his dorm while Sirius threw a pillow at the Potter girl.

And it was now Remus, Sirius, Lily and Juliet left in the common room. Dorcas and Marlene were on a date, Mary in the library, and James was bothering McGonagall.

"I don't think I'll ever understand you guys' relationship." Lily rolled her eyes, a subtle smile on her lips as she sat on a desk to work on her assignment. Remus and Juliet sat on the couch.

"I hate him."

"You love me!"

"Who has been putting sick lies in your head?" Juliet gagged, causing the Black eldest boy to gasp, offended while Remus laughed.