47. JULIET AND A VISION OF THE FUTURE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

December 1975

In pure panic, the couple separated and Remus was rushed into his girlfriend's closet. Quickly approaching the door, Juliet opened it and peered out.

"Mrs. Lupin! Good evening, what can I do for you?" She smiled nervously.

"Call me Hope, sweetheart. And I was hoping I could talk to you?" The petite woman asked gently.

Sparing a glance in the direction of the closet, she nodded, letting Hope in. "What did you wish to talk about?"

"Juliet, honey... I need to know. Is there anything going on between you and my son?" She questioned with a glimmer of anticipation.

"I-I'm sorry?" She stuttered, masking the nervousness and shock with confusion.

"It's just... There's something so beautiful and heartwarming about the way the both of you look at each other." The dreamy smile on the woman's lips put her more at ease. "My boy... He's a good boy, you know? He's been through a lot, more than he deserved, but he has a good heart, and if you gave him a chance, I'm sure..."

"Mrs. Lupin-"

"Please? I can tell you like him. Am I mistaken?"

"... No." The girl admitted, annoyance washing over her when imagining the smirk on her boyfriend's face.

"Then will you please act on it? Because he won't. Because he thinks he doesn't deserve love. But he does, he's wonderful, and caring, and he is just a beautiful person and I'm so proud of him." She rambled.

Juliet watched her with a small smile. "He's very lucky to have you."

"I couldn't be there for him much." Hope smiled weakly. Juliet remembered Remus mentioning she was sick. "But his friends were, and you were. And I know he's in good hands with you."

The Potter girl was speechless, but Hope Lupin didn't really care whether she had something to respond or not, as she left with one last smile.

Remus walked out of the closet the second he was sure they were alone again. His ears were red and he was rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry about that, she has good intentions but she can get... um-"

"It's fine. She just loves you a lot." His girlfriend smiled softly. "You wanna sleep with me?"

"I'm sorry?" His eyes widened.

"Not like that- I meant, sleep in my room, in my bed. We could cuddle?"

His expression softened and he chuckled. "Yeah, I'd love that."

And as he was putting his shirt back on, she went into her bed, being joined by him soon enough. It was a first for them, so it was weird and a bit awkward at first, but then they got more at ease, Juliet's arms carefully wrapped around his torso and his arms holding her against him tightly.