54. JULIET AND THE SURPRISE GIFT

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

January 1976

Juliet couldn't forget about Regulus' warning no matter how hard she tried. They were barely even close anymore, so if something was grave enough for him to warn her, then it must be worse than anything she could imagine.

Goodness, what if it had something to do with the war?

Surely not, the headmaster would take care of that. But could he truly be trusted? After his inability to deal with the basilisk, Juliet had no faith in Dumbledore, she would not trust him with her life.

Though, despite his warning, nothing seemed to happen over time, causing her to relax and be less cautious.

That was her first mistake.

The days seemed to be normal. Juliet would go to classes, then her Quidditch practices, then she would be patrolling the corridors with Remus. On the weekend she would visit Lily, and get excited every time because she knew that the Mandrakes were nearing their full size and it was a matter of time before the potion was ready, and the petrified children back on their feet.

James only visited Lily once, accompanied by Juliet. He barely said anything, and couldn't even look at the redhead. It left her with mixed feelings, but she was still proud of him. He was becoming the best version of himself, and for him this time, not for somebody who felt annoyed at the sight of him.

"So, how much longer do you think it will take?" Remus asked Juliet as they were patrolling.

"Poppy said maybe another two or three weeks." She shrugged and he nodded.

"So, by Valentine's Day?"

"I suppose." The brunette girl then smirked, grabbing her boyfriend's hand. "What are we doing on Valentine's Day?"

"I was thinking we could go on our first official date?" The werewolf smiled softly.

"First date? You do realise that I've been counting every time we hung out as dates, right?"

"But it's not the same. I want it to be a nice day, just about us. I want to show you what a real date is supposed to be like, not like the torture sessions you've been on the previous years."

"Remus Joel Lupin, have you been stalking me every time I've been on a date?" She gaped at him.

"Yes." He smirked proudly, and then took a second to process what she had said. "Wait, Joel? Who's Joel?"

"You're Joel!"

"I'm not Joel!"

"What do you mean, your initials are R.J.L. if it's not Joel, then what is it? Jack? Jaime?"