42. JULIET AND THE SLYTHERIN GANG

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

December 1975

November ended with an announcement that had many sigh in relief. The danger had been taken care of, and every restriction had been officially lifted.

No more babysitting for the prefects, the loners were no longer obligated to socialize, and Quidditch was no longer cancelled.

Of course, matches were going to take place later than they usually would have for obvious reasons. James, who was unofficially co-captain, had been preparing for the practices that were to take place after the Christmas break. Needless to say, he was overexcited.

Juliet and Remus' relationship was going smoothly, they were taking things slow, not that they could do a lot anyway considering how they were still a secret. The rest of the Marauders didn't bug him that much about the girl because of how bruised he got on the last full moon.

It was a dreadful night, he had harmed himself across the chest so badly that his girlfriend and best friends thought he would bleed out before they make it to the Hospital Wing. But he ended up being alright in the end, and felt extremely guilty for making his girlfriend cry.

"Please don't come with us anymore. I don't want you to see me like this." He told her.

It ached his heart to see the look on her face when she would stare at his injuries.

"Do you not want me there?" She asked, no peculiar emotion shown in her tone.

Remus sighed, he knew how stubborn the Potters were.

"Answer me."

"Of course, I do!" He said, louder than he expected, which caused him to cough in embarrassment immediately after.

"Then don't push me away. Don't try to keep me from seeing things like this because it won't change how much I care about you." She grabbed his hand. "I love you. And I'm here for you."

The werewolf could feel his heart race and for a second he feared it would jump out of his wounded chest. It was her first time actually saying the three words that meant so much to him.

Remus got teary eyed, and unable to answer, he just brought her hand to his lips, leaving a loving kiss on her knuckles.

Juliet did not leave his side until he was allowed to leave the Hospital Wing. She had bribed Madam Pomfrey into letting her stay by getting her pumpkin pudding, her favorite. The Marauders however weren't as lucky or clever as she was, they would get kicked out after two hours.

So, accompanying him back to his dorm on their last day at the school, she offered to help him pack. Well. Actually, she just pushed him onto his bed, forbidding him to move while she was folding his clothes and putting them in his suitcase.