24. JULIET AND GRUMPY MORNINGS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

September 1975

The next day, Juliet was having breakfast with Lily and Mary. She was pulled out of bed forcefully, and was very moody at that moment. Her hair and uniform messy, a scowl on her face, and her fork stabbing into the sausage repeatedly.

"Juliet, I think it's already dead." Mary said innocently, receiving a glare and looking back down at her plate with a gulp.

Anyone who dared wake Juliet up "violently" turned her into the scariest being that had to be, and had to deal with the petulance. And in truth, Juliet didn't sleep well at all. She was worried sick about Regulus and also confused on the situation with Remus.

"Wow, somebody's grumpy." The girls turned to see the Marauders sitting by their side. It was Sirius who talked.

"Shut the hell up."

The boys snickered at Sirius' bewildered reaction. He had known her for years, even lived with her family now, but still have never seen her looking and sounding like a homeless drunk. Sirius and Juliet were not really friends, nor did they get along that well, because they enjoyed annoying each other, but during the summer they were more civil, more like a family. Things seemed back to normal.

"Alright grumpy, what happened?" James asked her softly.

"Ask your bloody lover." She groaned.

"Lover!?" Lily exclaimed. "You take that back!"

Juliet stared at the redhead, this time stabbing her toast. "... Or not, you do you." She went back to eating her breakfast.

"What do you guys have first?" Peter asked them, changing the subject. They received their class schedules earlier.

"I have Divination." Mary smiled and everyone at the table groaned. "And I'm guessing you've all dropped it."

"Takes too much of my time." Juliet sighed. She got an O at her OWL exam but still decided to drop it since she planned on taking Alchemy that year. She also dropped Muggle Studies because her time at the Lupin's made her realise how truly little they learnt. "I have Runes."

Remus nodded, he was the only one besides her to have that subject.

"Muggle studies." The others said.

"Let's go then, or we will be late." Lily stood up, taking her bag and nudging the three boys to follow her.

"Come on Tiger, we should go too." Remus told Juliet once the others left.

Weirdly enough, despite being in a bad mood, she enjoyed Remus' presence so much she did not even grimace at the nickname used. She stood up and they walked out of the Great Hall, making their way to their classroom.

"Did you not get enough sleep?" He asked her softly, while they were walking.

She shook her head. "I think I might pass out at some point during the day. If I do, please make sure your friends are as far as possible from me."

She had the surprise to one day wake up and find herself with neon green hair that summer, and has been very traumatised ever since. Thankfully, Fleamont used to be a cosmetic potioneer and could fix it in a matter of hours.

"In that case..." Remus stopped in his tracks, causing the Potter girl to stop too. He fished a chocolate bar out of his pocket, giving it to her. "Here."

And finally, the frown on her face fell, her expression softening. She took it. "Thank you Rem-- what-- Hey!" She squealed in surprise when he suddenly approached her and swung her up in his arms bridal style.

"Remus! What are you doing!?" Juliet whisper-yelled at him, smiling awkwardly to the giggling teenagers around them who were watching them pass by.

"You're tired. I'm saving your energy."

"Remus put me down, if Minnie sees us she'll throw a fit. We don't need that on our first day." She attempted to reason with him.

"Oh, Juliet, Juliet, Juliet. My dearest Juliet. Minnie throwing a fit on the first day is exactly what we need." Remus smirked at her.

In truth, she did not mind being carried to her class at all, it was extremely practical. But, there were two reasons as to why she was insisting on walking by herself. One, she knew the last full moon was barely a week ago and he must have been tired. Two, her insecurities were starting to show up and she suddenly felt extremely heavy.

Juliet Potter used to be quite chubby, and she knew that if a girl does not enter the skinny or even normal category according to society's criteria of beauty, she was looked down on. Which was why she was extremely happy when she lost an incredible amount of weight. But even now that she lost the fat, she still didn't feel right when she was being carried by anyone that wasn't James. James never really paid attention to people's appearance.

Unless it was to mock Snivellus.

"Remus, I'm really fine. You can put me down, it's embarrassing, everyone's looking at us."

"Of course they are, we are two very attractive people."

"I look like I just came out of Azkaban."

"You look beautiful nonetheless."

"Remus!" Juliet whined, now slightly blushing.

"Alright fine." He stopped in his tracks, and just when she thought he was finally going to put her down, he turned around, looked at the teenagers, and in a loud voice said, "what are you looking at? Nothing to see here."

Juliet gaped at him as everyone looked away with small smiles. Remus turned back around and resumed his walk, the brunette in his arms refraining herself from complaining any further, instead, snuggling herself into his embrace.

* * *

those stars were baptised Stanley

also, yall are beautiful the way you are guys, please never forget. don't lose weight because of stupid people around you, or anything like that, do what you want with your body for you. because you want to.