40. JULIET AND THE NIGHT ESCAPADE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

November 1975

They were nearing the end of the month, and soon enough, it would be time for the Hogwarts' students to go home. They didn't truly know how to feel about it.

It was either they were going to stay and be worried about the enormous serpent hiding in the school, or they were going to go home and worry about war. Not exactly how anyone wanted to spend their vacations.

Though, there were no more petrified children after the sixteenth. It stopped. Perhaps they were safe, but if they were, the early curfew and numerous restrictions would have been lifted. And they hadn't, meaning something else was happening.

Apart from that, the Marauders were at it again. Planning small pranks to distract everyone and run away before Filch would get to them. Juliet even scolded her boyfriend before something blew up in her face. He apologised for a whole hour.

Times were difficult, and soon enough, their efforts to bring a bit of joy to the children would be in vain.

Juliet Potter was gathering the younger Gryffindors after dinner so she could lead them back to their common room with Remus' help, when she got nudged by him

"What? Is someone missing?"

"No." He shook his head, staring at something behind her. "Isn't that your mum?"

"Huh?" Quickly turning around, the brunette girl immediately recognised Euphemia Potter's silhouette standing farther in the hallway.

"Can you.. Keep an eye on the kids?" She asked her boyfriend, her eyes not leaving the woman, and without even waiting for an answer, she ran to the woman. "Mum!"

Euphemia Potter, who was facing the other way, seemingly waiting for someone, whipped around upon recognising her daughter's voice. The girl ran into her arms for a short embrace.

"What are you doing here? You shouldn't be wandering out of your common room." Her mother grabbed onto her shoulders with a worried frown.

"I should be asking you that." The younger girl raised an eyebrow before nodding briefly at the group of Gryffindors a few feet behind her. "I'm a prefect, mum, remember?"

"Is that Remus?" Euphemia squinted her eyes, receiving a nod. The woman waved at the boy, who waved back, before turning back to her daughter. "Would you happen to know where Professor McGonagall is?"

"She was still in the Great Hall when we were leaving, but she should be-" Juliet cut herself when she turned around and noticed the Professor rushing out of the dining room and towards them.

"Mia! You made it, thank god!" She greeted the mother.

"I came as soon as I could, where did it happen? Where are the others?" The two women started walking away hurriedly, forgetting about the girl.