Chapter 2 - Pain

Harry's POV

As I walked through the school gates, I felt nerves settle in. I don't know what was going on with my dream, but I really hope it was nothing...It had to be nothing! Yes, it was nothing, it meant nothing. Nothing.

"What's wrong Hazza?"

"Nothing". I looked to my right to see Liam.

"You sure?" Should I tell Liam? About my dream? That I'm confused? I'm sure he wouldn't judge me, then again, do I want to tell anyone? I don't even know what it is that I'm feeling. "Harry?" I looked up at Liam's worried face.

"I'm fine". Liam didn't look convinced but he walked over to his girlfriend anyway. I haven't had a serious relationship for a while, and I don't think I plan on it..Well, unless he asked me out then mayb....

What the fuck? Where the hell is my head going? I mean, I don't even know his name! And I am not gay! No way..No where near it. Not that I'm against people being gay, I'm just not gay. I can't be. The bell rang. I'm late to class, again. I really can't be bothered today.

I finally got to my classroom door and slowly opened it. The whole class looked at me and the teacher looked angry.

"Late again Harry?"

"Sorry Miss Cart".

"You're going to sit right there". I followed her pointed finger to a empty seat in the second row. My eyes widened to see the person who was sitting in the seat beside it. It was him. Since when was he in my English class? I swear I have never seen him before! "Go on". I slowly walked to the seat and sat down, hunching a little. The teacher started to talk about some book.

"I'm Niall, Niall Horan". I heard a thick Irish voice say. I slowly looked to the side to see the adorable blonde smiling at me. His grin wide, his eyes a beautiful ocean blue. I felt speechless. There was something fluttering around in my stomach, and I really wanted it to go away.

"H-Harry Styles". He nodded to me and looked back to the teacher. He's so cute! Woah there Harry, where are you going? You do not think he's cute, in any way. He's just some other lad that goes to this school. That's all he is. "So, ah...Are you new here?" He looked at me puzzled.

"No". He shook his head.

"I don't think I've ever seen you before". I looked at him, curious as to what his expression would be, but I couldn't read it.

"That's 'cos you never took notice of my presence". I felt slightly shocked by his words. No one has ever said something like that to me! Ever! "You're too cool to care about people around you, unless they get in your way". My jaw clenched tight. I had my hands curl into fists.

"Everything alright over here?" The teacher stood infront of us.

"Yes miss". I heard him say.

The bell went and I sat there until Niall left. Why was he so cold to me?

"Was nice to meet you Harry". He practically spat that at me. Does he hate me? But why? I felt something in my stomach drop from his words. I decided to run after him. Without thinking words came flooding out if my mouth.

"Did I do something wrong?" He looked at me for a second then looked back where he was walking.

"Oh, why would you think that?"

"You seem to....Not like me".

"Not everybody is going to like you Harry Styles". My eye twitched by his harsh tone.

"So why don't you like me?" I regretted asking that the second it came out of my mouth. I know what the answer will be. Why did I ask him?

"Because you're a stuck up jerk, who doesn't give a fuck about anybody but himself, nobody likes you Harry Styles. You're a prick!" With that he walked away. I felt something drop in my stomach. I felt something I haven't felt in a long time. Hurt. Did that sweet, adorable, innocent boy just say that to me? I felt my eyes tear up a little.