Chapter 14 - Memories

Austin's POV

My head is crashing and I can barely open my eyes. I remember parts of last night but they're all a fuzzy. Jason was off his face. I helped him off Harry. Then, the last thing I remember is some girl hanging off me and we walked into a room where Harry was hugging some blonde very close. He told me he doesn't have a girlfriend, so who was it? I can't believe he bloody lied to me. The phone call was suspicious. I walked back into my room to hear Harry say "I have a party tonight". And I couldn't really hear what the other side of the line was saying, but I swear it was a guy. Then he invited them and said he had to go. And I could've sworn I heard the three words and eight letters come from the other line. "I love you". But who was it? It's a mystery blonde and I'm going to find out who they are. Harry can never hide things from me for long. I remember when we first met. We've been great friends since the fourth grade.

*flashback*

"Why are you so stupid Austin!?" I shrunk down in my chair while the teacher gave the boys at the back a stern look.

"So, Austin can you tell me what 36 x 50 is?" I sat up a little and tried to think. 36 x 50? How do I work this out? Is it like 5000? The boys at the back started giggling. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"It's 1,800". I looked back to see a boy with curly hair smiling proudly. He nodded to me and I smiled.

"Thank you Harry". The teacher said. The bell went and everyone rushed out of the class.

"You're so dumb!"

"Can't you answer anything!?"

"My four year old sister is smarter than you".

"HEY! Leave him alone!" I looked up to see Harry walking towards me.

"Oh hey Harry".

"Leave!" They giggled as they turned around, walking away. "Austin right?" I looked back at Harry and lightly nodded. He smiled. "I'm Harry, do you want to come and play with Louis, Liam and I?" I smiled and nodded, following him outside.

*flashback*

I was never made fun of once I was friends with Harry. Everyone was scared of him and Louis. It made me feel really safe. I'm pretty sure Liam was bullied and when he became friends with Harry it all ended. Harry is a safe bound. But recently I've noticed that he's gone soft. He doesn't want to hurt anyone with something that he'll say and that worries me. He's changing for someone. Someone I don't know about. I have a feeling that Lou and Liam know exactly who it is. I don't know why Harry's hiding it. What is there to hide? Whenever he had a new girlfriend or had a make out session with them, he wouldn't even be able to hide it. I'd know from his changes in his mood. He has been awfully cheerful lately. But I haven't seen him with any girls at all. Not one. I need to know what he's hiding.

"Austin, get out of bed and get to school!" I sighed and chucked the covers off me, my head spinning as I sit up. I really shouldn't have drunk so much last night. That way I would know who the hell Harry was hugging last night and my head wouldn't be crashing. Actually, now that I think about it, Louis was quite cheerful last night too. Very cheerful. I haven't seen him with a girl for a while either. Maybe Lou and Harry have something going on? But no, that can't be right. Not from my past experiences.

*flashback*

"Ah boys, today's a nice day isn't it!?" Liam and I exchanged chances then looked back at Harry's happy, drunk like mood.

"Haz, what is wrong with you?" I asked. He just smiled happily as he lay down on the grass, looking up to the sky. Which was quite dull if you ask me. It's not the nicest day today.