Chapter 13 - Never Giving Up

Niall's POV

It's been a week since Harry forgave me. Not much has changed. He isn't as warm to me as he used to be. We only really hold hands while walking home then he'll go to his house, leaving me in the street alone. Sometimes I think that maybe he hasn't forgiven me. Maybe he never will. I don't know how to change the way he acts around me. Sometimes I think he doesn't look at me the way he used to. Like he could never lose me. I really need more. More than just holding his hand. More than a small peck on my cheek goodbye. I need him. All of him. I sniffle a little as I kick a small rock along the footpath. What if I never get all of Harry again? What if he breaks it off any day now? I love him too much. I never thought that the Harry Styles could make me feel this way. My first ever boyfriend made me feel nothing close to what I feel now. Jake Lantern. He broke my heart. I think he is still with the guy he cheated on me with. That just makes me feel worse about what I did to Harry.

*flashback*

"I really do love you Ni". Jake whispered against my neck. A small smile spread across my face.

"I love you more".

"When are you going to tell your mum about us?" I pulled away and looked into his deep blue eyes.

"I'm not sure. I don't think I'm ready yet". He sighed and nodded. He pushed me down on his bed and climbed on top of me. He kissed down my jaw line, finding my sweet spot and started to suck and bite. A low moan escaped my mouth and Jake smiled. His lips hit mine and he shoved his tongue in, our tongues fighting for dominance. He rolled his hips on mine and we started getting hard. I pulled his top up over his head and he did the same to me. He started to kiss down my chest.

"Ugh Matthew...make love to me". He whispered. What? Matthew? Who is Matthew? "Just like last night Matt, do it". Who the fuck is Matthew? I pushed Jake off of me. Shock crossed his face.

"Who the fuck is Matthew!?"

*Flashback*

I didn't really know how to act after our fight. It was pretty brutal. He told me I wasn't good enough in bed, that he found someone better. I don't know why he didn't just break up with me. It would've hurt me a lot less. I just can't believe I didn't figure it out for myself. If I would ask him where he was going he would just say out. Then I would ask where and he'd say just with a friend. He wouldn't tell me who the friend was. How could I be so stupid!? I haven't seen him since that night. I really don't want to see his face again. I sniffled again.

"Hey Niall, what's wrong?" I looked up to see Louis and Zayn. Their hands caught my attention. Their fingers are intertwined. Louis and Zayn holding hands? What? How? When? "Niall?" I looked back to Louis to see his worried face.

"I-I'm fine". Is all I managed to say. They both gave me an accusing look.

"Niall, what's wrong? We aren't stopping our date here for no reason now are we?" What!? Date? They're on a date? That's when I just broke down. The tears ran down my face and I sobbed a little. They departed hands and Louis pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back. "Has something happened with Harry?"

"Who is Harry?" I know that voice. Where do I know that voice from? Louis pulled away and I looked at them, scared.

"Who are you?" Louis asked. Zayn knows who it is. He's looking at me, worried. It's Jake. I turned around to see his messy brown hair and blue eyes.

"I'm Niall's ex". He smiled evilly at me.

"What are you doing here Jake?" Zayn asked aggressively. Jake did a fake hurt reaction.