Chapter 16 - Smile

Niall's POV

Everything went silent. People staring, mouth open at me. Most we're frowning. I took a deep breath and ran my hand through my messy hair.

"What makes the fucking difference if Harry is gay? He is still the same fucking scary, intimidating person but has a fucking boyfriend. Who the fuck cares!? What does that fucking change? JUST FUCKING GET OVER YOURSELVES AND GET A LIFE! WHAT HE DOES AND WHO HE IS WITH IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! GET OVER YOURSELVES AND CONTINUE LOOKING AT HIM THE SAME. SCARED OF HIM OKAY? HE'LL STILL FUCKING BASH YOU IF YOU LOOK AT HIM IN THE EYE OR GET IN HIS WAY SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I let out a breath and everyone was quiet. "FUCKING GO!" I yelled. They all quickly ran down to the halls. I sighed.

"Wow, I really didn't know you had that in you". I looked up to see a proud Austin smiling. I just shrugged. "Good job though. Sorry I couldn't stop Justin".

"I don't think anyone could". He nodded. "I should go and find Harry".

"Hey Niall?" I turned my head back to look at Austin. "Principals office". I smiled and nodded, heading back down to the halls. I got to the principal's office and took a deep breath. I saw the principal yelling at Harry and he was just sitting there trying to explain but the principal wouldn't let him talk. I walked in.

"What are you doing in here Mr. Horan?"

"I-I think you should let Harry speak". I felt terrified. I never get yelled at. I never get into trouble. But Harry was my boyfriend. I would do anything for him. I love him. The principal shot me a glare.

"As I was saying, you do not start a fight in the school. Why would you start a fight Harry? You know what happens when you do!"

"I...it....j..."

"Justin called me a piece of shit so Harry lost it". The principal looked at me confused.

"Why would Harry have lost it?" I looked down to Harry who had his perfect curls clenched between his fingers frustratingly, looking down to the ground with his elbows leaning on his knees.

"Because..."

"Because Niall is my boyfriend". Harry quietly spoke but with a hard tone.

"I see". Harry's shoulders looked like they were shaking a little and I knew he was crying. I kneeled down beside him and wrapped my arm around him.

"I'm sorry Niall". I rubbed his arm.

"Why?"

"I've screwed up again".

"Well I'm sorry Harry, but you're suspended for three days". That's when I knew what Harry was sorry about. That's what he means by screwed up again.

"It's okay Harry". I leant closer to him. "I love you no matter what you do. We're forever no matter what, remember?". I whispered. I felt him clam down a little and helped him stand up. We headed out to the hallway and I departed contact with Harry. Some people looked at him in the eye and he glared at them. He suddenly stopped. There was a guy standing right infront of Harry.

"Move". Harry spoke harshly. The kid just smiled. Harry shoved him and punched him in the stomach. I smiled. "I told you to move. Stay out of my way or it'll get worse". I looked back to see the kid leaning over in pain, glaring at us. I mouthed 'I warned you' to him and he just looked surprised. I giggled a little. Everyone made sure they stayed out of Harry's way as we made out way our of the school. We were pretty far away from the school before Harry started to speak. "I'm sorry Niall. I know it scares you...I....I shouldn't have....I should've controlled myself". I hugged him tightly into my side.