Chapter Two.

Today is a brand new day and I am not going to dwell on the events of yesterday. If Finn doesn't like me, that's his own choice. I am who I am and I do not intend on changing who I am in order to make other people like me. That's the way I was brought up and I intend to stick to my morals. 

My dad had yet another meeting early this morning with the head of the Local Authority, so I had no choice but to walk to school. I entered the school grounds and in front of me, I could see Josh and Lauren walking together, making conversation but I was surprised to see that Finn wasn't there with them too. I stood for a second, wondering whether I should approach them, but I decided against it because I had a feeling they would be meeting Finn somewhere and the last thing I need is him telling me to back off.

I entered the building via one of the side doors which connected onto the Science block. I strutted down the corridor and over to my locker, which happened to be in the same row as Lauren's, Josh's and Finn's. I knew I needed to be quick at dropping things off in order to avoid his wrath. 

I deposited the items I didn't need desperately before I headed upstairs and waited outside Mr. Clarkson's classroom ready for registration. Soon enough, the warning bell rang and Mr. Clarkson granted us permission into his classroom. I took a seat at the desk where I sat yesterday because I had a feeling desks and seats were sort of assigned in a place like this.

I glanced over at the door where I saw Lauren, Josh and Finn entering, Finn giving me daggers, causing me to break eye-contact with him. Lauren sat down next to me and placed her jacket on the back of her chair and her bag down on the floor.

"Hey, where were you this morning? Thought you were walking in." She questioned.

"Yeah I did but didn't think I would have been the best company this morning if you get what I mean." I truthfully replied, hoping she understood what I was referencing towards.

"Look, you mustn't make yourself a stranger to us just because Finn isn't your biggest fan. Leave me to deal with him. You're more than welcome to walk to school with me in the mornings if Mr. Byrne can't give you a lift." Lauren told me and I thanked her for her kindness.

With that, Mr. Clarkson started to take the register and discussed with us about certain events that were happening over the next few weeks. After that, it was time for the first lesson of the day which was English with Mr. Budgen. Thankfully, I also had Lauren in class with me but surprise, surprise...so was Finn. I can't seem to get away from him! I've heard loads of stories about Mr. Budgen and about how grumpy he was and didn't really take interest in us learning anything. He couldn't even be bothered to greet us into his class, he just motioned with his hand for us to enter.

Me and Lauren took a seat next to each other, with Josh and Finn sitting behind us. However, Finn took it upon himself to sit directly behind me. I placed all my essentials on top of the desk before putting my bag down on the floor. With that, Mr. Budgen stood up from behind his desk and walked to the front of the class, clutching a book in his right hand.

"Romeo and Juliet...a classic! Can anyone tell me anything about it?" Mr Budgen asked, rather confidently.

With that, the whole class remained silent and not a single hand went up. You must be joking right? Romeo and Juliet is a timeless classic with such a well-known plot. Surely someone must know something about it?! I thought that now is kind of my moment to show off what knowledge I had. I raised my hand in the air, waiting for Mr. Budgen to show recognition.

"Ah Byrne! What can you tell me?" He asked as silence remained and the presence of beady eyes was once again on me, making me feel overwhelmed.

"Well, it is a true story based on the hatred between the Montagues and the Capulets. However, Romeo and Juliet embark on a romance like no other, proving they are faithful whilst their families are at war. The romance is like no other ever documented before. However, the end proved too much with both Romeo and Juliet declaring their undying love by dying next to each other." I answered, stating the main facts of the play.