Chapter Twelve.

It's been around a week since I broke up with Finn and the whole incident involving both myself and my dad against Kyle Stack and to be honest, I thought the gossip would have died down by now but it seems to be all people are talking about. My dad thought it would be best to take some time away from school but I'd had enough of being at home so today, I insisted I was coming in.

As I headed through the school gates, I tried to keep a low profile but I was still getting stared at by several other students, who were congregating in the yard, as well as the odd comments also. I was well within my rights to tell them to keep their noses out of my personal issues, but I knew that students loved to gossip, especially Waterloo Road ones!

So instead, I carried on walking, entering the school via the main entrance as I headed to where my locker was. The closer I got, the more people entered my field of vision and I could see Lauren and Josh stood talking by the staircase leading upto the English corridor, but surprisingly, Finn was nowhere to be seen.

"So much for this whole situation dying down..." I spoke, stepping closer towards the both of them. "People are still talking about it." I ranted, resulting in the pair of them just nodding their heads in agreement.

"Give it a bit more time. There's bound to be something else more exciting to talk about soon enough." Josh replied in the hope of reassuring me and as much as I appreciated his effort, it didn't work.

Sighing, I slammed my locker door shut, resonating a loud noise around the rather packed hallway. The three of us climbed the stairs as we made our way to registration, making small talk on the way. I'm intrigued to see what today's events will bring because I knew that Finn was allowed back to school and I had a gut feeling that he would want to rectify things with me.

However, I still don't know if I'm ready to forgive...and I certainly won't forget about what he's done.

Finn's P.O.V

"Thank you Finn, I will read over this later..." I heard Mr. Byrne say as he waved the envelope in his hand. "Have you written one for Lindsay?" He asked to which I answered with a nod of the head. "Would you like me to pass it onto her?" He added, looking at me eagerly.

"Actually sir, I would like to give it her myself." I answered without even an ounce of hesitation. "I feel guilty enough as it is and I haven't slept well the last week. I would love to have the opportunity to try and put things right again." I confessed, making him aware of how I have been feeling over the past seven days.

"Look, if I know my daughter as well as I think I do, she will come around eventually but the truth is, you really hurt her Finn. Lindsay really liked you, if anything, she still does..." and after that, I switched off at Mr. Byrne's speech because there was still a glimmer of hope for us. "...but you need to earn back her trust. In order to do that, there's only one thing you need to do and that's to stay out of trouble." He ordered but I didn't need the lecture because I already knew I was going to try my absolute hardest not to mess up again.

"I promise I will!" I reiterated, hoping he believed every word I spoke. "Thank you so much for giving me another chance." I added, wanting him to know how much it meant to me.

"Remember what I said Finn, one more strike and you are out! You may go to Registration." Mr. Byrne dictated, which I knew was my cue to leave.

Thanking him once again, I quickly walked down the corridor towards Mr. Clarkson's classroom, not wanting to be too late for form class. I knocked on the door and waited patiently before I was granted access. I opened the door and stepped inside, closing it quietly behind me because I didn't want to make too much of a fuss. It was embarrassing enough that I had to walk in by myself anyway.