Chapter Five.

A/N-This chapter will include quite a few text messages. The way I have written them are in slang style etc...In order for you to differentiate between the main text and the messages, I have put the text messages in bold font with the name of whoever sent them at the start. The texts are also in order of the time they were sent. Hope this makes sense! :)

****

I arrived home to find my dad's car parked on the driveway. As much as I knew I had to face the music at some point, I didn't think it would be so soon. My head is in such a mess at the moment that I can't even think straight. Firstly, I catch my dad snogging Mrs. Diamond and then I find myself kissing Finn, which has just added a whole level of confusion to whatever we are but right now, I've got bigger things to worry about.

I took a deep breath as I climbed the steps to the front door and inserted the key inside the lock and turning it, loosening the door from the frame.

"Lindsay?" I heard as I stepped inside, closing the door behind me.

I hung my jacket up on the rack and removed my shoes before I headed out the kitchen where I saw my dad sat at the breakfast bar with a glass and bottle of Single Malt Whiskey in front of him. Judging by the sound of his voice, it sounded like he'd had more than one glass already and it's not even 6pm yet! 

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge, shutting the door after me. I was just about to leave the room until I was stopped by my dad asking:

"Can we talk?"

I turned around to look at him. By this point, he was now slouching on top of the breakfast bar, hugging the bottle of whiskey. He's absolutely wasted and in no fit state for talking, especially about something as serious as this.

"Look at the state of you!" I exclaimed as I tidied away the whiskey and tipped the remaining liquid in his glass down the sink.

"Look darling, I didn't mean for you to witness what happened earlier." He slurred, head still rested upon the breakfast bar, eyes glossy which I wasn't sure was down to crying or drunkenness.

I poured him a glass of ice cold water and placed it down in front of him, watching him eye the clear liquid.

"Drink!" I ordered as I took a seat opposite him.

"I'm fine." He spoke as he leant to the side and almost fell off the stool. "Look, about me and Sian..." He added, causing me to sigh unenthusiastically.

"It really isn't any of my business." I told him as I looked down at my hands which were situated in my lap.

"I never wanted you to find out like that." He admitted, making eye-contact with me, his gaze faltering ever so often.

"Of course you didn't!" I responded sarcastically considering this whole situation is a joke. "By the sounds of things, you didn't want me to find out at all!"

"Of course I did!" He justified, mumbling ever so slightly. "What me and Sian have is..." He began to say before I cut him off.

"You and Sian shouldn't have anything! She's a married woman in case you'd forgotten!" I yelled, flailing my arms in the air.

"Well, it's over anyway." He replied, sounding somewhat upset about the situation. "She broke it off."

Is he expecting me to feel sorry for him? He's been having an affair with a married woman!

"Aww...poor Sian felt guilty did she?" I asked, attitude etched on every word.

"Please don't take your hate out on Sian! If you're going to be angry at anyone, I'd rather it be at me. I was the one who instigated the whole affair." He confessed, taking small sips of water from the glass in front of him.