Chapter Thirty-Six.

A/N-I just wanted to say sorry for the lack of uploads the past 3 weeks. I just haven't really had much inspiration to get a chapter out for you all but I'm going to try my best to stick to the weekly schedule again as much as possible. A massive thank you to everyone who has stuck around to read it also 🥰

Without further ado...let's get back into it! 💖

***

"Hurry up!" I shouted at the person in the driver's seat, my voice frantic. "Can't you put your foot down or something?!"

"I'm going as fast as reasonably possible Lindsay!" My dad shouted back, clearly getting annoyed at my pestering. "Do you want us to get caught speeding or even worse, end up in a car accident?"

Sighing, I shook my head and slumped back in my seat. In hindsight, I don't know why I felt my dad would be the best person to help me out in this situation but I panicked and knew that he had a car to help us get here quicker.

I just hope we're able to get to them before the damage has already been done...

Tariq's P.O.V

Strolling across the street, checking both ways for traffic, I saw the bridge in my field of vision. Taking a few shortcuts, I arrived at the scene in question, seeing Finn stood with a group of boys, and I recognised the main leader within the first few seconds...Eugene Garvey!

Heading towards them all, they soon turned around to face me. All of them were dressed in the same black hoodie but Eugene's had a bit more swag, indicating to people that he was the leader of the gang. "Nah, you never told me I'd be facing all you lot..." I spoke, allowing Eugene and Finn to step forward.

"You're not..." Eugene replied, a smirk apparent on his face. "We're going to let our boy Finn take this one," He continued, shoving Finn closer to me so our faces were only centimetres apart. "Me and the rest of the gang are just here to speculate..."

It was ironically funny how I'd managed to get myself into this situation. I had no idea that Finn was now a part of the Murray Set Boyz and they've clearly come here for a fight. However, I'm not in the mood for fighting. I've got better things to be doing with my time.

"I'm out!" I announced, holding my hands in the air as if I was ransoming myself. "I've got a date with my girlfriend so I better head off..." I revealed but just as I was about to turn on my heels and walk away, Finn's words stopped me.

"You're not going anywhere if Lindsay's involved..."

Finn's P.O.V

"You're not going anywhere if Lindsay's involved..." I spat, making Tariq turn back round to face me, clearly narked by my words.

I began to notice Tariq's body language change. His hands were now clenched into fists by his sides and his eyes had turned a darker shade of brown, which seemed impossible with how brown they were already.

"What did you just say?!" He argued, traces of saliva spraying out of his mouth. "It's nothing to do with you what me and Lindsay get up to!"

"It's got everything to do with me because I know that Lindsay wants me, not you..." I responded, a smarmy smirk creeping onto my face.

"Nah, you're wrong fam!" He stuttered, clearly losing his confidence in himself and Lindsay. "Me and her are solid!"

Laughing at how unconfident he sounded, I thought it would be better for him to hear some home truths from personal conversations I've had with Lindsay. "Okay, if you're so 'solid', why did she tell me that she was going to break-up with you?" I questioned, walking circles around his body. "Just face it Tariq, she doesn't love you and wants me back..." I spoke, teasing him to see what kind of reaction I would get out of him.