Chapter Twenty-Two.

Pulling into the driveway of our house, the engine stopped and in that moment, it eventually sunk in how much trouble I was actually in. He hasn't spoken to me for the majority of the journey home, knowing that he was saving up everything he needed to say for when we were behind closed doors.

Letting out a pent-up sigh, I hauled my body out of the vehicle and followed him up the steps leading to the front door, walking inside and pushing it closed behind me. Dropping my bag to the floor and hanging my coat up on the rack, I reluctantly followed him into the kitchen, seeing him head straight for the alcohol cupboard.

Taking a seat at the breakfast bar, I watched as he grabbed a glass from the cupboard and poured himself a Single Malt Whiskey. Forcefully putting the bottle down, he downed the strong liquid before he repeated the same process. Not being able to stand the silence any longer, I struck up the dreaded conversation that's been hanging over us.

"I know that you are annoyed with me, but there's no need to give me the silent treatment!" I announced, releasing another deep sigh.

"I think you need to remember who you are talking to, Lindsay!" He yelled, pouring himself a third glass of liquor in the space of a few minutes.

"I'm sorry for lying to you, but if I had told you the truth, you wouldn't have let me go!" I exclaimed, choking back a few tears that were desperately trying to escape.

"What makes you say that?" He questioned, placing one hand inside his pocket whilst his other clutched onto the whiskey glass.

"Because you've always been the same!" I cried, standing up from the stool I was just sat upon. "Everytime I get close to someone male, you always go and ruin it!" I added, pondering about what was going to happen to mine and Finn's relationship.

"Can you blame me?!" He yelled in question, making me look at him. "Who has always been the one to pick up the pieces of your broken heart when all of your other relationships have gone wrong?" He quizzed and I couldn't simmer down the rising level of anger within me.

"How dare you!" I screamed, my whole body in a state of fury. "Anyway, Finn's different!" I declared, but the reaction I got was a sarcastic laugh, infuriating me more.

"How do you know that, Lindsay?" He asked, a smirk apparent on his face and I was so close to wiping it off. "You've only been together five minutes!"

"In case it's slipped your mind, Finn actually loves me!" I exclaimed, furiously swiping away a few tears that had manage to escape.

"For now..." He mumbled and I think he was under the impression that I didn't hear that comment, but I most certainly did.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned, my stare deepening and my eyes growing wider.

"You are both young, Lindsay." He responded nonchalantly. "You probably don't even know what love means!" He chuckled evilly, beginning to pour his fourth glass of whiskey, not worried about the very limited time frame.

"That's rich coming from someone who's divorced and who is currently having an affair with a married woman!" I retaliated, stepping nearer to him but still maintaining a significant distance.

"This has nothing to do with my dating history, so don't even think about dragging your mother and Sian into this conversation!" He warned, slamming his glass down onto the worktop and I was surprised that it didn't smash. "You know the reason why me and your mother divorced and what me and Sian had is a thing of the past." He included, but just as he was about to pour himself another glass of alcohol, I swiped the bottle from his hands and put it back in the cupboard.