Chapter Thirty-Eight.

It's been around three weeks since the accident and Finn has finally made a full recovery. The relief on both of our faces when the doctors announced there was no long-term damage caused was honestly amazing. I've been going to visit Finn every single day since he'd been in hospital(that was including weekends as well) and I do feel it's brought us closer together, but I'm also unsure where we go from here? Are we back to being a couple or does he just want to take slowly and see how they progress naturally?

Tariq also hasn't spoken to me since the accident either, not giving me any clarity about whether we are friends or not. I wasn't going to nag him either. I knew he'd come and speak to me once he was well and truly ready too and I didn't want to put pressure on him.

Strolling through the school gates, several students passing by, I began pondering over what may happen today, considering it's Finn's first day back at school after the accident. Entering the school via the main entrance, I made a detour for my locker, knowing that's where I would find the rest of the gang waiting for me. Turning the corner, I could see the three of them stood outside the block of lockers, looking deep in thought about something. I watched as Josh gave Finn a knowing look, confusing me somewhat as their conversation just came to an abrupt end.

"Not interrupting anything, am I?" I quizzed, giving Finn a quick kiss on the cheek before I opened my locker, dropping some unnecessary items into it. "What were you guys talking about?"

"Ah, nothing important!" Finn shrugged, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "The guys were just filling me in on what I've missed over the past three weeks." He responded and as much as I wanted to believe him, my gut instinct just couldn't.

"You sure that's all it was?" I asked, insistent to get the answers I wanted too. "It looked very serious from where I was standing."

"Honestly Linds, it was nothing." Lauren chirped in, probably feeling sorry for Finn who was being interrogated. "Let's get to form class before Mr. Clarkson gives us a telling off." She laughed, trying to lighten up the sudden dampened mood.

As the four of us climbed the stairwell, Finn's arm still firmly wrapped around my shoulder(which felt heavenly by the way), we entered Mr. Clarkson's classroom, seeing him waiting on the door, keeping a lookout for any waifs and strays.

"Nice to see you back, Mr. Sharkey!" He announced, giving Finn a small smile, which he returned. "I hope you're going to be on your best behaviour." He warned, but it was taken in jest.

"Aren't I always?" Finn responded as we took our seats, the two of us sitting next to each other and Lauren and Josh in front.

I felt Finn take my hand underneath the table, our fingers naturally interlocking. I knelt my head on his shoulder, feeling so elated that we're having these kinds of moments again. As Mr. Clarkson began calling out names on the register, each pupil answering him, I whispered, "Did you fancy doing something after school? I thought we could check out that new bowling place in town and then grab a bite to eat."

The response I got wasn't really what I was expecting. "We'll talk about it later, yeah? I've got so much schoolwork to catch up on. I've really fallen behind."

As much as I found his behaviour strange, I didn't think about questioning him because maybe he just wants to get his head focused again and get back on track. I just hope it's not going to go the other way and he's changed his mind about us...

...because I don't think I could deal with another dose of heartbreak.

Michael's P.O.V

It's around lunchtime and I'm currently sat in my office, trying to get on top of the endless amount of work I've got piling on top of me. My job is always hectic, but as it's coming up to the end of the school year, it's full steam ahead if I want to have a stress-free summer.