Chapter Four.

I have been attending Waterloo Road for a few weeks now and I've got to say, my time has only gotten better, especially now that myself and Finn are friends. I think I was way too quick to judge him because he is genuinely one of the funniest people I have ever met and has me in hysterics the majority of the time. I won't deny though, I am starting to become physically attracted to him but I'm just too stubborn to admit it. I've only known the guy for a few weeks and I am more than happy to stay at the level of friendship we are at currently so I'm not going to do or say anything to jeopardise that.

As I headed downstairs to continue getting ready for school, I heard the sound of my Dad's voice talking to someone on the phone in the kitchen. I stood completely still as I listened in to what he was saying to whoever was on the other end of the call.

"I will tell her soon. It's just a bit difficult at the moment." I heard him say, causing me to sneak a bit closer to the door, the nosy side of me becoming more intrigued.

Even though I was really confused at this moment in time, I still continued to listen in to the developing conversation.

"I promise I will. Leave it with me. Look, we'll speak later. Goodbye." Was how the conversation ended which was rather abrupt if you ask me but then again, I only knew half of what was said.

I stood there for a while, wondering what that whole conversation was about. I kind of guessed it was based on telling me something but what exactly could it be? I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw my dad enter the hallway, putting his jacket on and heading for the door. However, when he caught glimpse of me, he stopped.

"Morning darling! Do you want a lift?" He asked as he looked in the mirror to straighten his tie, unaware that I had been standing there the whole time he was on the phone.

I simply nodded as I slipped my shoes onto my feet and picked up my jacket off the coat rack. As we headed out the door and over to the car, I decided to question my dad on that phone call because I was majorly intrigued to find out who it was or what it was about.

"Who were you talking to on the phone?" I quizzed as I pulled my seatbelt across my body, even though I knew that it wasn't really any of my business.

"Ahh, just work stuff. Nothing for you to worry about." He simply replied, shrugging it off.

I decided to drop the conversation after that because it clearly wasn't a big deal otherwise he would have told me because we have no secrets. With that, we made the journey to school, the faint sound of the radio playing in the background.

****

I wandered down the corridor with the gang as we headed to Mr. Chalk's classroom as we had a Maths lesson. Mr. Chalk was a new teacher at Waterloo Road and claims he's had teaching experience in several other schools before but somehow, I don't believe him. He knows hardly anything about crowd control and his lessons tend to turn into one big riot and by the end of them, we've learnt practically nothing.

We headed inside and took our retrospective seats, me next to Finn and Josh next to Lauren. Lately, myself and Finn have found ourselves sitting next to each other a lot more and I'm beginning to wonder whether Lauren and Josh are trying to play matchmaker with us or whether they have cottoned on to the fact that I fancy him and they just do it on purpose. Either way, I'm happy with these seating arrangements.

Shortly after the class had taken their seats, Mr Chalk arrived, carrying a huge pile of books and placing them down onto his desk before he turned his attention to us. However, before he began his teaching, he focused his attention onto myself and Finn, who were too busy giggling over something that probably wasn't even that funny to begin with.