Chapter Thirty-Four.

Finn's P.O.V

Not wanting to discuss matters further near the school gates, we ended up at the location of a disused warehouse, the only noise being heard was the leaking of the roof and the scuffling of footsteps treading along the concrete floor. The warehouse had a damp and dingy look to it, the smell of stagnant water making me feel nauseous, but knowing I was in the company of one of the biggest gangs in Rochdale, I couldn't come across as timid and a wimp.

"So, what's the plan then?" I asked, needing to break the awkward silence and tension in the air. "How are we going to get back at Tariq Siddiqui?"

"Whoa, slow down man..." Eugene replied, scoffing at my faux confidence. "Before we can even think of going after Tariq, we need to see if you're hard enough to be a part of the Murray Set Boyz!" He continued as his fellow gang members began to swarm around me, causing a lump to build in my throat which I had to swallow down harshly.

"Wh...what do you mean?" I chuckled nervously, feeling claustrophobic but trying my hardest not to show it. "I've already said I can handle anything you're going to throw my way..."

"You say you can handle it, but you're gonna have to prove it if you want to be one of us..." Eugene adds, walking intimidating circles around me as the other gang members began to move in closer, the internal panic within me heightening. "Call it a little initiation test."

Before I had time to ask what was about to happen, I was soon shown as two of Eugene's boys grabbed hold of me before a punch was thrown to my stomach, knocking the wind out of me, a painful groan escaping my lips immediately. Reacting to me, he continued throwing punches, making me sink to my knees, allowing me to be beaten black and blue. 

I hadn't planned on my day ending this way, but if it means that I get to be a part of the gang and we can go after Tariq...I'll accept my fate!

The Following Morning

Lindsay's P.O.V

Strolling through the school gates, I met up with Lauren. My dad had a very important meeting first thing this morning, which meant I had to walk but I didn't mind. Sometimes I preferred the walk to school because I'm getting a bit of daily exercise and I feel like a normal pupil, not the headteacher's daughter.

Greeting Lauren with a quick hug, we decided to wait outside as she informed me that Josh was on his way. Since I've broken up with Finn, he hasn't really bothered with us at all, he sort of keeps himself to himself or hangs around with the 'troublemakers'. We don't say anything though. If that's the way he wants to live his life, he's entitled too but I just hope he bears in mind that he's still on his final warning with my dad.

As we were stood outside waiting, I quickly went over and spoke to Tariq, knowing that we'd made plans for after school. We'd agreed that I'd meet him after school and we'd head straight into town from there. I also said good morning to Trudi. We're slowly getting back on speaking terms as she realised that Finn was the one who broke up with her and even though it was because of me, she knew that I had no idea that Finn was planning on doing that.

Speaking of Finn, I noticed him walking through the school gates as I turned around. Well, I say walking...he was limping and clutching at his ribs every so often. What the hell has happened to him? As he was getting closer, I also noticed that his left eye was covered in a purply-blue bruise and he had a few cuts and bruises elsewhere on his face. You could tell he'd been in some kind of fight and obviously hadn't been let off lightly or fought back strongly enough.