Chapter Nineteen.

A/N-Just giving you a heads up! In a few chapters from this point onwards, I am going to be using direct quotes from specific episodes from Series 7 of the show.  All original credit goes to the BBC.

****

It's been a few weeks now since the whole incident involving Kyle and I must admit, my life has been relatively drama free. Kyle was found guilty of committing the crime against my dad's car and was given 100 hours community service as a punishment. My dad has also managed to convince the LEA to permanently exclude him, to which they agreed upon, leaving me elated and relieved at the fact that I'll never have to encounter him again.

However, school life isn't what it was when I first joined Waterloo Road. Due to all the gang invasion the school has encountered over the last few months, my dad has had to introduce some brand new rules. Every single morning before we're even allowed through the gates, we have our bags checked thoroughly and all mobile phones are confiscated and locked away in my dad's office until the end of the day.

To be honest, I'm not really supportive of the new rules and after discussing the topic with Finn, he doesn't seem to be either. I understand that the rules have been put in place to protect us all, yet somehow I can't help but think it's a bit too over the top.

Moving on to the topic of myself and Finn, we honestly couldn't be happier! I love him so much and he makes me the happiest girl in the world. Speaking of my incredible boyfriend, I couldn't help myself from being proud of him as he's put his name forward to become Head Boy of Waterloo Road. However, little does he know, I've also put myself forward to become Head Girl. If anything, I wasn't going to try out, but my dad convinced me to and when I discovered Finn was trying out, that gave me the confidence I needed to just go for it!

Although, I haven't told him that I'm trying out because I really want him to be surprised and knowing how he is, he'd probably throw in the towel at the last minute, thinking that he's not good enough to try-out next to me. The try-outs are starting in an hour down in the main hall and even though I've prepared my speech mentally, Finn is still trying to write his.

Studying him from afar, he was sat at one of the tables in the common room, his face deep in concentration. His hand flowed frantically with the movement of the pen, scribing his thoughts onto the piece of paper in front of him. I was fixated in watching him, that was until, I heard him yell.

"Ahhh!" He screamed, scribbling furiously across the paper.

Ripping the piece of paper off the pad, he scrunched it up into a ball, throwing it across the room in frustration. Walking over to him, I picked up the rolled up ball of paper off the floor and sat down opposite him at the table.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Finn." I muttered, smiling at him. "I'm sure you've got loads of amazing ideas on what to say." I added, taking his hand in mine reassuringly.

"Have you read that piece of paper?" He asked, eyebrow raised curiously. "It's utter crap! I can't get up on stage and embarrass myself in front of the whole of the sixth form, trying to convince them on why they should vote for me as Head Boy." He confessed, clearly annoyed at himself as he rubbed his hand over his face, which was usually a tell-tale sign.

"Then just be yourself! You're a popular guy...I'm sure you can win people over with your charm." I chirpily replied, placing a swift kiss to his cheek, but even that didn't put a smile on his face.

"It's not just a popularity contest though is it, Lindsay?" He questioned, obviously wanting me to look more in depth at the situation. "Becoming Head Boy means a hell of a lot to me! Do you realise how good that kind of title would look on a CV? It's one more step to creating myself a better future." He admitted and I couldn't help but admire how much courage and determination he had in regards to changing his life around.