Chapter Seventeen.

Michael's P.O.V

"Thank you very much. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Bye for now." I spoke, bidding farewell to the members of the LEA meeting I had just been involved in.

Even though I had just finished a rather big meeting, I still had a huge workload left for the day but I'd also agreed to meet Lindsay because she informed me that she needed to speak to me about something. She also mentioned that it was important so I knew that I had to give her time out of my busy schedule.

Taking a seat behind my desk, I began cracking on with some more reports which were to be sent to the Board of Governors while I was waiting for Lindsay to arrive because I told her to come here for anytime after 2pm. Twenty minutes later, there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I called, closing the lid of my laptop and leaning against the back of my office chair.

Seeing the door open, I watched as my daughter entered the room, gently closing the door behind her. She approached my desk and sat down on one of the chairs opposite me, placing her bag down to the floor before removing her jacket and draping it over the back of the chair she was sat upon.

"What did you need to talk to me about darling?" I asked, smiling politely at her.

"First of all, I wanted to apologise for the way I spoke to you, both this morning and last night..." She started to say before pausing for a moment and then continuing. "It's your choice about whether or not you want to press charges against Kyle. It's nothing to do with me." She admitted and I was extremely grateful for her apology because I hated falling out with her.

"Thank you for apologising." I simply replied, my smiley exterior not faltering.

"The second reason as to why I'm here is...I need to ask you for a huge favour." She announced and I was rather sceptical of what she was going to ask me.

"Go on." I addressed, hearing her take in a deep breath before she carried on speaking.

"Can Finn stay with us for a few days?" She spat out and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't taken aback by her question.

I don't think Lindsay fully understands how much of an awkward position this puts me in, being Headteacher of this school. I understand that Finn is her boyfriend, but I cannot have the LA finding out that I am having pupils staying at home with me!

"I'm afraid not darling." I answered, seeing her facial expression change drastically.

"Please Dad!" She pleaded. "Finn can't go home right now!" She cried, hoping that she would be able to change my mind.

"Lindsay, I cannot have the LEA finding out I am having students staying with me!" I exclaimed, reiterating the point. "Why can't Finn go home anyway? Has it got something to do with the massive bruise on his face? I did try questioning him about it, but he wouldn't tell me what happened. Told me he walked into a door." I questioned and from her body language, I could tell she was hiding rather an important secret from me. "What are you hiding? I can tell you know something that I don't." I added because I knew she wouldn't be asking such a favour as this if she didn't feel it necessary.

I continued to study her, the way her eyes were looking everywhere but at me and the way she was playing with her fingertips in her lap. Her body language could only be described as 'sheepish' and as her father, I could read her like a book but majority of the time, I think she forgets that.

"His father punched him in the face last night." She admitted quietly and if I wasn't listening very carefully, I would have missed what she had said.