Chapter Twenty-One.

As I sat in front of the floor length mirror in my bedroom, finishing off the final touches to my hair, it eventually sunk in that tonight was the night that myself and Finn were going to take our relationship to the next level. Right now, I'm currently feeling a mix of excitement and nerves, mainly due to the fact that every previous boyfriend I've had has only ever used me for one thing and even though I knew that Finn was totally different, it still didn't stop me having slight reservations, especially because I knew he would have a queue of girls lining up waiting for him if things ever did go wrong between us.

It's because of that reason that I've had to lie to my dad about where I am staying tonight because whenever I've had my heart broken in the past, he's always been the one to mend it. Speaking of my dad, he's currently out on his afternoon run, leaving me with the perfect opportunity to continue getting ready.

Once I was satisfied with how my hair looked, I unplugged my straighteners to allow them to cool before I strolled over to my wardrobe in search for an outfit to wear tonight. Pulling open the doors, I pushed several hangers out of the way, pulling items of clothing out every so often, but putting them back if they weren't suitable. After a while of debating, I settled for a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a white Bardot top and some white strappy sandals.

Slipping the jeans up my legs, I buttoned them at the waist before I slid my top over my head, pulling the shoulders down so they rested on my upper arms. Stepping into my shoes, I fastened the buckle before I approached the mirror again, checking to see if my outfit looked as good as I'd envisioned it to.

While I was fussing with small details in regards to my outfit, I heard my phone vibrate on my bed. Picking it up, the screen lit up and displayed a message notification off Lauren. Opening the message, I began reading it, smiling until I got to the end of it.

Lozza: Have a good time with Finn tonight but plz don't let him do anything u aren't comfortable with. I know u love him but if u still don't feel ready...don't rush into it :) Can't wait to hear the goss on Monday x

Knowing that she truly did care made me feel a sense of warmth because I really valued my friendship with her because she was everything you wanted and needed in a girl best friend. I typed back a quick response and hit the send button before I continued getting ready, only having my make-up left to do.

Remembering I wasn't one of these girls who wore really heavy make-up, I simply applied some mascara, powder and lip-gloss to my face to complete the overall look I was going for. Before I headed downstairs, I grabbed my Louis Vuitton holdall(which was a Christmas Present from last year), and packed some essentials I needed for tonight and tomorrow morning. Finally, I sprayed some of my favourite perfume on me, keeping it subtle by just placing it to my neck and wrists.

Picking up my bag, I descended downstairs, hearing the sound of keys turning in the lock as I hit the bottom step. I watched the door open as my dad entered the confines of our home, his whole being sweaty as he pushed it shut behind him.

"You heading off soon are you, darling?" He asked as he headed into the kitchen, me following behind him.

"Yeah." I simply replied, taking a seat at the breakfast bar, watching him down a small glass of water.

"Let me just grab a shower and I'll drop you off at Lauren's. It'll save you having to get the bus." He politely offered but I shook my head, hoping I could still contain my secret.

"No, it's fine. Honestly..." I rushed out, but still trying to maintain composure. "It won't take me long on the bus." I told him, hoping that he would drop the subject but knowing the kind of person my dad was, that wouldn't be a simple task.