Chapter Twenty-Three.

After what was one of the worst weekends I'd ever experienced in my life, I decided that I was going to start this brand new week with a clear head(well, to a certain extent anyway). I'll admit, mine and my dad's relationship is still particularly rocky, even though I apologised profusely for lying to him, but he's decided to take the stubborn approach so I'm more than happy to play that game as well.

Entering the school building via the main entrance, I strolled over to my locker, realising that Finn and the others weren't in their normal spot waiting for me. This is strange because I'm never normally the first one to arrive, but I did leave my house a bit earlier than usual this morning.

Sighing, I rifled through my bag in search for my locker key, which I'd attached to the rest of the keys I used for other things. Retrieving the key-ring it was attached to, I inserted it into the lock and turned it, the door to my locker opening within seconds. Throwing some items inside that I didn't need straightaway and pulling out others that I did, I could hear a cacophony of familiar voices in the distance, the volume increasing the closer they got.

Continuing to exchange different items inside my locker, I felt a pair of arms envelope around my waist and a kiss be placed to my neck and I melted into the person's embrace, knowing that it could only be one person.

"Morning gorgeous." Finn whispered into my ear, his velvety tones sending shivers down my spine.

Not being able to contain my smile, I turned around to face him, his arms still firmly wrapped around my waist. Before I knew it, I was staring into his dreamy eyes again, which I hadn't been able to stop thinking about since the weekend.

"Morning handsome." I replied, pecking his lips, but he clearly had other ideas as I felt him deepen the kiss.

As the pair of us continued kissing in front of half of the school, including our two best friends, we heard scoffs and remarks of disgust resonating from both Lauren and Josh.

"Get a room, will you?" Lauren rhetorically questioned, voicing her disgust but we knew that she was joking.

Breaking away from the kiss, the four of us climbed the staircase upto Mr. Clarkson's classroom, ready for morning registration. Taking our seats, we made small conversation whilst we waited for everyone to arrive promptly. So far, I've got a really good gut feelings about today. Fingers crossed that it turns out to be correct!

****

Myself and Finn are currently sat in front of a computer in the common room, trying to get on top of the very few Head Boy and Girl responsibilities that we still have outstanding. None of the tasks left are that stressful, but if we don't get them done, both my dad and Mrs. Diamond will be on our case and that's the last thing we both need.

"Are you alright to sort out the Prefect rota?" I asked him, scrolling through the list of duties that were on the screen in front of us.

"Yeah." He simply replied as he took the mouse from me, checking the remaining duties left to complete.

Ticking off the duty, I couldn't help but start stressing at how many more there were left to do. Admittingly, it looked more than what it actually was, but I knew that if we didn't pull our finger out, we could get into trouble.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I slammed my pen down onto my notepad, seeing Finn stop whatever he was doing immediately. Leaning forward onto the table, propping myself up by the elbows, I placed my head into the palm of my hands, trying to hide how I was really feeling.

"What's up, babe?" Finn asked, making me sit up, seeing him lean back in the chair he was sat on.

"Have you seen how many duties we've still got outstanding?" I quizzed, using my hands to gesture to the list staring me dead in the face. "We are never going to get everything completed!" I cried, reverting back to my previous position of head in hands.