Chapter Fourteen.

Michael's P.O.V

"Can I get you both a cup of tea or anything?" I asked, entering the main office area with the two police officers.

"No thank you." The pair replied in complete unison, which was a little strange but I shrugged it off.

Stepping over to my office, I pushed open the door, motioning for the two officers to step inside. Before I followed, I turned to Janeece, who was still sat at her desk, completing some last minute tasks.

"You go home Janeece..." I told her with a smile, not wanting her to listen in to my pending conversation with the police. "I'm sure Cheryl will be waiting for you." I mentioned, a little distracted by the waiting officers in my office.

"Thanks Mr. Byrne!" She beamed. "See you tomorrow." She spoke as she picked up her things, logged out of the computer and strutted out of the office.

Entering my personal room, I closed the door behind me before I headed over to my desk.

"Please, take a seat..." I instructed, smiling coyly at the two officers.

Taking our seats, it wasn't long until the questioning process began. I told myself that I needed to be accurate in the information I gave in order to not miss out any vital pieces of evidence that may sway the case either way.

"Mr. Byrne, we've seen from the evidence that your car has been highly defaced with some kind of threatening message, as well as the school building has had some graffiti sprayed upon it. The empty spray paint cans found on the ground will be taken back to the station where they will be forensically tested..." Police Officer Hadley informed as I casually nodded along. "Do you have any idea who may be responsible for this?" He asked.

"Well, last week I had to exclude two of my pupils and I have been given reason to believe that one of those students may be responsible..." I started to say. "He goes by the name of Kyle Stack." I answered truthfully, interlocking my fingers together and placing them on top of my desk.

I watched as PC Hadley's colleague started writing down everything I was saying onto a small notepad that he had in his hand.

"Have you got any evidence that may suggest that Mr. Stack did, in fact, commit the crime against your car and the school building?" Was the next question that was thrown at me.

"The second student who I had to exclude wrote me an apology letter as part of his punishment. In his letter, he mentioned that Kyle had uttered the exact same words that have been sprayed onto my car." I responded, passing PC Hadley the letter that Finn had produced. "There was also a note attached underneath my windscreen, but in the heat of the moment, I ripped it into pieces."

I studied him as he and his colleague scanned the letter, picking out information and writing it down onto the notepad, amongst all other evidence collated. Once he had finished reading, he placed the piece of paper down onto the desk and regained eye-contact with me, his stern face making me feel somewhat anxious as to what was coming next.

"Finn's surname and details of where I can find him?" He asked, leaving me intrigued as to why he needed those kinds of details.

"His last name is Sharkey and he is currently at home with my daughter as they are seeing each other. Pardon me for asking, but why do you need to know his details? I need you to understand that as Headteacher, I do have a responsibility of keeping sensitive and personal information confidential." I questioned because unless that information was vital, I wasn't prepared to give it out.