Chapter Thirty-Seven.

The ambulance arrived at the hospital pretty promptly, but they rushed Finn away to conduct some tests on him to show understanding of how much damage has actually been maintained from the fall. Ever since we've been here, I've been an emotional wreck and haven't been able to sit down so I've just been pacing up and down the waiting room, silently praying for some good news to be given in due course.

My dad is also here too, supporting me and trying to comfort me the best way he could. He tried multiple times to try and get through to Finn's parents but due to their busy work schedules, neither party picked up so he had to resort to the next best thing which was leaving a voicemail. I'd also text both Josh and Lauren to inform them on what's happened and they were both eager to come to the hospital, but I told them not to because the likelihood would have just been a wasted journey.

"Why don't you come and sit down, darling?" I heard my dad say, but I just shook my head profusely. "Pacing up and down isn't going to help."

"Neither is sitting down!" I yelled, annoyed at his reasoning to my behaviour. "I'm sorry," I apologised, knowing shouting at him was uncalled for. "It's just...why haven't we heard anything yet? We've been here almost two hours already and no-one has been round to tell us anything!" I raged, feeling frustrated because I had no idea what had happened to Finn.

Sitting down next to him, I felt him put a comforting arm over my shoulder. "I'm sure someone will be round soon to tell us something," I heard him whisper, more tears threatening to fall, which was strange considering I was practically all cried out. "Until then, try and remain positive. You know what they say, no news is good news."

***

It must have been around four and a half hours since we'd arrived at the hospital and there was still no news on how Finn was. There was still no show of his parents either so I told my dad to go and phone them again, feeling guilty for the fact that we're here and they're not. After several unsuccessful attempts again, he left another voicemail, not really knowing what else to do.

"I'm just going to grab a coffee from the machine. Would you like anything?" I heard him ask, allowing me to simply shake my head in response and with that, he disappeared to find a machine.

While he was gone, I began scanning through one of the magazines that was available in the waiting room, using the distraction to take my mind off everything else that was happening. I must have looked through nearly every magazine available when my dad arrived back, followed by a doctor who I recognised as one of the people who was looking after Finn.

Rushing to my feet, I didn't hesitate in asking, "Is everything okay? What's happened?" because the look on my dad's face didn't look very positive. "Please tell me he's okay..." I faltered, hot tears beginning to brim at my water-line.

Feeling my dad's arms wrap around me, the doctor began explaining everything to us both. "Finn has suffered multiple fractures, but he's in a stable condition. The main positive is that we don't believe any of his injuries to be fatal and we're almost certain that he will live," and at the sound of those words, tears of relief streaming down my face. "However, we're still running some more tests on him and we can't guarantee that there won't be any long-term damage or even paralysis."

"P-Paralysis?" I stuttered, wanting to know whether what I heard was right and it was confirmed when I saw the doctor nodding. "Wait a minute, are you trying to tell me that he may never walk again?!" 

"I'm sorry. I know that's difficult to hear but until we've ran a few more tests on him, we cannot rule it out." He sincerely responded and it felt like my body was on the brink of collapsing.