Chapter Twenty-Six.

Stepping in front of the bathroom mirror, staring at my reflection in the mirror, it finally sunk in how much I had become a shadow of my former self over the past seven days. My hair was in a dishevelled state, I hadn't showered for a full week and I simply didn't look like the Lindsay Byrne that everyone knew me as.

Truth is, I haven't attended school at all the past week because I have spent every waking hour sat around my dad's hospital bedside, praying that would be the day that he came round from his coma. However, doctors told me that it could actually be weeks or months before that happens, so the only thing I can do is remain positive that it will happen soon.

Also, the police have charged Kyle with attempted murder and he is currently awaiting trial, which will hopefully lead to a custodial sentence. However, I have been asked to appear in court also, which has unfortunately added more stress onto me. It just feels like everything around me is crumbling before my very eyes and I have no solution on how I can fix it and make everything okay again.

But despite that, I can't continue staying at home feeling sorry for myself. My education is important to my dad and I need to knuckle down if I want to do well in my end of year exams, even though my concentration span is that of a goldfish at the moment.

"Come on Lindsay...you've got this!" I muttered, giving myself a pep talk in the mirror.

Grabbing my toothbrush for the holder, I squirted some toothpaste onto the bristles before manoeuvring it around my mouth, spitting out the waste. Putting the brush back into my mouth, I continued the motion for two minutes before gargling some mouthwash and spitting it out, seeing it circulate down the drain.

Running my tongue over my teeth, I felt how squeaky clean they were, making me feel a little better already. With that, I stepped away from the sink and switched on the shower, seeing the warm water flowing freely out of the showerhead. Stripping my body of the grungy pyjamas, which I'd been wearing for the past seven days, I stepped underneath the water, feeling so much better when the dirt and sweat I'd been festering it had washed away.

Retrieving my favourite scented shampoo and conditioner, I lathered it into my long, chocolate brown locks before washing it away and turning the shower off, watching the used water and soap suds disappear down the plughole. Climbing out of the shower, I had a funny turn, making me grab onto the closest thing next to me in order for me to regain my balance and to stop the room from spinning. If anything, my balance going off kilter seems to be becoming a regular thing for me but I've put it down to the amount of stress and upset I've been under lately and also because I haven't been eating as much as I normally would but it's definitely something I need to get checked out.

Once I'd regained my balance, I walked back into my room and started to get myself ready for the school day ahead. Is it weird that I've sort of missed the place?

****

Finn's P.O.V

Strolling through the school gates with a massive smile on my face, I remembered that today was the day that Lindsay was returning to school. I've tried to support her as much as I can since her dad ended up in hospital, but I also needed to refocus myself back onto my education, which she understood.

Although, my first mission of the day was to find her because I had some really exciting news that I needed to impart. Taking a quick diversion into the school via the science corridor, I headed for my locker, thinking that's where I'd find her but she wasn't there. The only person I saw was Lauren, who was minding her own business. Walking closer to her, I decided to question her about if she knew where Lindsay was.

"Yo Andrews!" I shouted, approaching her, seeing her turn around to face me. "You seen Lindsay this morning?" I asked, which was answered with a simple shake of the head.