Chapter Ten.

Finn's P.O.V

As I headed through the school gates this morning, I was just getting a vibe that something was going to go wrong today. I felt I needed to be more vigilant today, especially from Kyle. For the past few weeks, myself and Lindsay have been dating in secret and somehow, we've managed to keep our relationship as private as possible to the point where not even Josh and Lauren have figured it out. Plus, as much as I wanted to tell the whole school that she was mine, knowing that I have backed out of the bet I had with Kyle, I intend to keep us a secret for as long as I can.

As I continued walking, I spotted Lindsay mixed in with a crowd of other students, but I could tell she was strolling along just minding her own business. Her dark chocolate curls were swaying with the wind and as much as I can't risk us being seen together romantically, she's so beautiful that I don't want to keep my hands off her either. I thought that if I treaded carefully, I would still be able to have the best of both worlds.

Picking up my pace to match hers, I eventually caught up to her, acting as nonchalant as possible.

"Hello gorgeous." I whispered as I grabbed her waist and pushed her gently behind a parked car, her giggles sounding like music to my ears.

I watched as she turned around to face me, showcasing a beaming smile. I absolutely adore her when she smiles!

"Finn," she whispered back. "We can't do this here." She stated, still keeping her voice to a minimum level but the smiley exterior not dropping.

"Do you fancy coming round to mine tonight? Thought we could watch a movie or something." I asked her, grabbing her hand and interlocking our fingers together.

She didn't say anything but simply nodded her head, making the smile on my face grow wider. However, out the corner of my eye, I saw Kyle hanging around at the top end of the car-park and soon enough, his eyes met mine, his dead stare making me feel rather uncomfortable. I continued watching his movements, seeing that he was heading closer to me and I knew that I needed to get rid of Lindsay as quickly as I could if I had any chance of keeping my little 'bet' a secret.

"Look, I need to go and speak to Mr. Chalk so how about you go and meet with Josh and Lauren and I'll catch up with you all soon?" I suggested but she could tell I was distracted by something because I wasn't looking at her.

She turned her head in the direction I was looking, trying to work out whatever it was that was making me so distant but when she couldn't see anything, she turned back round to face me.

"You sure?" She questioned and in that moment, I finally looked at her.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Go!" I joked with a smile as I placed a swift kiss to her cheek.

With that, she dropped her hand from mine and headed off inside, in search for the others. Realising that Kyle obviously wanted to have a word with me, I leant against the wall and ran a hand over my face and when I pulled it away, he was in front of me, a sly smirk etched onto his face.

"You and Lindsay look rather close," he commented, edging closer towards me. "Shame it's only for a bet." He tormented and I could feel my anger levels building within me.

I knew I needed to come clean to him about this whole bet thing because I really don't want any part in it anymore. I genuinely do have feelings for Lindsay and the last thing I want is to ruin any chance of happiness I potentially have with her, especially when I was only doing this to get back at her dad. However, I've learnt that Mr. Byrne is actually a really respectable guy when you give him a chance to prove himself.