Chapter Thirty-One.

Sian's P.O.V

Pulling into the driveway, I switched off the engine and climbed out, collecting some students books from the back of the car. Today has just been so hectic that I haven't had time to do any marking at all, hence why I've had to bring it all home with me.

Trudging up the steps towards the house, I tried my hardest not to drop anything as I awkwardly inserted the key into the lock, kicking the door open with my foot. Slamming it shut behind me, I entered the kitchen, setting my things down on the dining room table.

Flicking on the kettle, I grabbed my favourite mug from the cupboard and quickly prepared myself a cup of tea, quenching my thirst. Clutching onto the ceramic mug, I carried it over to the table, setting myself up a small workspace in order to do my marking.

However, I soon remembered that I promised Lindsay we would talk when I got back and the topic we needed to discuss was a lot more important than any old marking I had to do. Walking back out into the hallway, I checked all the rooms downstairs to see if she was in any of them, but she wasn't.

"Lindsay..." I called from the bottom of the staircase, thinking she was probably upstairs. "Lindsay..." I repeated a few moments later which resulted in the shuffling of footsteps.

Hopeful it was her footsteps, I was disappointed when I saw Michael's figure appear at the top of the stairwell, his crutch holding him up for support. "She's not here..." He informed me as he hobbled his way downstairs, gripping onto the banister for extra support.

"Oh, that's strange..." I pondered, wondering where she could be. "I told her to come home because she wasn't feeling very well..."

"Yeah, she did but then I heard her arguing with Finn on the doorstep and she hasn't come back since so I'm guessing they've gone somewhere..." He explained, shuffling his way into the kitchen.

Following in behind him, I went and sat down behind the pile of books stacked on the table, my brain in a dilemma. Do I question him about what Lindsay has told him or shall I just confess the truth? I decided that questioning would be my safer option because at least that way, I can gauge how the situation will go before I go in with the truth.

"Did Lindsay say why I sent her home?" I quizzed, casually marking the books as I did so, not wanting him to get too suspicious.

"She just told me 'woman's troubles'..." He chuckled, taking a seat opposite me. "I swear she forgets that I've been married before and that I've been her father for 18 years...."

That cemented my gut instinct that he was none the wiser about the pregnancy and abortion. It breaks my heart to know that he trusts his daughter so much that he didn't feel the need to question her further. It also puts me in an even more uncomfortable position but if the truth didn't come out now, would it ever?

Sighing, I set my pen down and glanced at Michael, the smile on his face not faltering. "Michael, I don't know how to say this but Lindsay has been lying to you..." I spoke, seeing his facial expression change within a second.

"What do you mean?" He asked, confusion etched across every facial feature.

"The real reason why I sent her home was because she was in the middle of having an abortion..." I announced, his jaw dropping at the bombshell. "She was pregnant..."

At the declaration of the truth, the room fell silent to the point where you could hear a pin drop. I studied his reaction, not being able to decipher one specific emotion from it. He looked upset, disheartened, numb but the biggest one being heartbroken...heartbroken at the fact that his only daughter couldn't confide in him.