Chapter Six.

TW: Mild reference to drug use.

****

After those random texts I received last night, I knew I would have to be extra vigilant whilst at school today. I declined Lauren's offer of walking in with her and the boys for a few different reasons. First one being, I don't want her and Josh to find out about the kiss me and Finn shared yesterday and secondly, I needed to prepare myself mentally so I was ready for whatever was going to happen today. For all I know, it could just be someone playing a practical joke on me but I am still fairly new and I am smart enough to know that I shouldn't just brush the situation under the carpet either.

As I headed down the corridor to my locker, I passed several students who were just stood with their friends laughing but I realised it was at my expense. I continued walking, ignoring all the stares and rather upsetting comments as I carried on walking to my locker. As I stepped near it, I saw my friends stood outside, considering that their lockers were in the same spot as mine. They were also looking at me but in more of a concerned manner than a bad one.

"You seen the latest?" Josh asked immediately, causing me to shake my head although I probably could have guessed what it was about.

He passed me his phone to which I saw the text that confirmed that my suspicions were correct all along.

07448 666345: Mr Byrne is having an affair with dirty Diamond!

I sighed as I handed him back the phone and opened my locker, not even bothering to give recognition to it. It's out there now! There isn't really much I can do to take it back.

"It's obviously not true! Mr Byrne wouldn't do that." I heard Lauren say to the boys, causing me to roll my eyes slyly as I had my back turned to her.

I slammed my locker shut and looked at her.

"Wouldn't he?" I asked rhetorically as I walked away from the three of them, not prepared to hang around any longer.

I began to climb the staircase upto Mr. Clarkson's classroom but I was faced with the sound of Lauren's(rather irritating) voice asking me far too many questions. When am I going to catch a break? I really can't be dealing with this today!

"Oh my god! Lindsay, why didn't you tell me about it?" She asked, causing me to sigh deeply.

Just because we're friends doesn't mean I have to tell you every little detail of my life. I appreciate her concern but my head isn't in the right frame of mind at this very moment in time.

"No offence Lauren but it's not really any of your business is it?" I told her, taking my seat at my desk and watching her sit down next to me.

"Yeah but..." was all she could say before I cut her off.

"Look, it's my family so I'd appreciate it if you just kept your nose out!" I exclaimed, her body retracting away from mine a little. Considering we were sat next to each other, she couldn't move that far away anyway.

I ran my hands frustratingly through my hair whilst Lauren remained silent at the side of me. Well done Lindsay, that's one person you've upset already today! A small part of me is annoyed at Finn also because he hasn't spoken to me at all this morning. I mean, I understand the fact that it's early but he was the one who said he didn't want there to be an awkward atmosphere between us.

I glanced behind to look at him, noticing him staring immediately. However, when he saw my face, he turned away from my gaze, obviously embarrassed at the fact I caught him staring. Sighing, I turned back around to face the front of the class where I watched Mr. Clarkson enter, carrying a few textbooks in his hand.